Chapter 15

*two days later*

Dace's POV

I sat in history class, dozing off.

I looked to my left to see CJ passed the fuck out, and looked back to see Eric & Quez throwing paper balls at some Chinese kid in the back of the class.

I laughed to myself and put my head on my desk.

"Okay, class. I'm giving ya'll your Civil War pop quiz back, also with your current history grade." Mrs. Monroe said.

I sat up as Mrs. Monroe gave me my paper, alphabetically first, cause my name is Dace Aaron.

I made a 98, an A. Like usual. I looked at CJ's paper, and he got a 100, Quez said he got a 100, and Eric said he got a 94.

My dawgs. We some smart ass niggas.

Mrs. Monroe started passing out our history grades out next, randomly.

I took out my phone to text my baby, Laila.

See, I ain't no CJ. I was a pimp. Keyword: *was. I was fucking with all kinds of females .. except for them dyke bitches. I was with this girl named Tesha before I met Laila. I started liking her, not catching feelings, tho. I saw Laila, and a nigga was sprung. I'm a pimp, not no cheater so, I only got her number and I started texting her. I was feeling her, mannn. I went home .. come to find out this bitch Tesha was stealing money from me. I ain't no women beater, but I beat the shit outta her. She should be glad I ain't kill her. I just hope she ain't crazy like Kimberly, popping up outta nowhere and shit.

Me - baby, what you doing?

She took a while, then texted back.

My baby ;) - nigga, I'm in class. Call me in a few, right before school lets out. Since you ain't got practice today, you can come and watch me.

Me - iight .. love you.

My baby ;) - fuck you :)

Me - don't forget who you talkin' too .. ;)

I smiled, right before I saw Mrs. Monroe stand above me.

"Mr. Aaron, put that phone up." She said, sighing.

"Okay, damn. Don't trip .. but I'll catch you if you do. " I replied, smiling. Eric & Quez busted out laughing. Mrs. Monroe put her hand to her face, so I knew she was laughing, too.

She put my paper on my desk, and walked back to her desk. I looked at my highlighted number: 89. Which was my first 'B'. EVER.

I stood up, "MAN, WHAT THA FUCK?!" I yelled at Mrs. Monroe.

"Mr. Aaron, please be seated." She replied, calmly.

"NAW MAN, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT, DAWG?! A FUCKING B, BITCH?!" I shouted, walking towards her. Eric stepped in front of me & pushed me back in my seat. CJ was fully awake now.

"Nigga, calm the fuck down." He said. Then, the bell rung.

Everyone scrambled out the door except for CJ, Quez, and Eric.

"We'll wait outside for you, dawg." Quez told me.

"Naw, bruh. Ya'll go to the girl's school. I'ma be up there in a few." I replied, dapping each one of my niggas as the left.

"Iight, thug." Quez said, leaving behind.

Mrs. Monroe sat at her desk, quietly grading papers. She acted as if my emotional outburst didn't seem to phase her.