Starr's POV

Starr's POV

My name is Starr Andreaa Martinez. Two R's in Starr, and two A's in Andreaa. When I tell people my name, they say it's quite odd. Two American names, then a Mexican last name? Whaaat? Well, yeah. My father is fully Mexican, while my mother is plain ole' black. Fully American. And, I love it that way.

My parents met each other at a club. Awkward way to meet, right? My father had the guts to go up to the beautiful, African-American women who was laughing and joking with her friends.

"Hey, I saw you while I was standing over there and I couldn't keep my eyes off of you." Delano Martinez told the woman.

She giggled, and stood in front of him. "Funny thing is.." she said, "I was just talking about you to my girls. I found you kinda cute. My name is Alicia Howard. and, by your sexy accent, I can tell you're Mexican. What's your name?"

Delano fell in love. She was outspoken, and funny as hell. He took her under his arms, married her, and had kids.

Yes, I said KIDS. I have 2 older brothers and 2 younger sisters.

Kailen - 23 years old 

Micky Jr. - 20 years old 

Me - 17, going on 18 years old

Gabriéla and Isabélla - 2 year old twins

I love my family. I couldn't live without them. Oh, and my bestfriend. How could I forgot my bestfriend, Laila? Laila Chanel Smith. I've known her since the day we both got registered into Pre-K together. I didn't know anyone, she didn't know anyone. We both became friends, and we been BEST friends ever since.

Enough about others, I'm Starr. I'm 5'0, very short, but I have an "I don't give a fuck" attitude. I have long, jet black curly hair, and I have two pircings on each ear, and a pircing on my belly button. I have two extremely deep dimples, and I have an infinity tattoo on the back of my neck. I wear braces, and I can't wait to get these bitches off. I don't like when people get in my way, and I have a short temper. I also have a bipolar disorder that I've been taking medication for. I don't have a boyfriend, and I never had. All my life I've had boys wanting me, but I never gave them a chance. I'm not playing hard to get, I just always keep my mind on my books & education, and don't forget basketball.

Basketball. That's my life saver. Anytime I'm stressing, I play. I play for my highschool, Falcon High Shcool, and I'm the captain. I love my team, and I'm always proud of them. We all can't live without it. It completes us. Even though I would love to have somebody by my side at all times, what's the need of a boyfriend when I have my basketball team?

I'm Starr Andreaa Martinez. And, I'm not looking for love.