Isabelle Olympus part 7

Hello to anyone who has still stuck with this story I really appreciate it! Enjoy and please let me know what you think!

That night, you’d think I would have had a great dream, maybe about Connor and I, but no. I get one where I’m being tortured for answers by Iris and the Aphrodite girls about my relationship. It was like the Spanish inquisition, and they were using the evil tweezers as their means of torture. I woke up and sat bolt upright, sweating. But realising that it was a dream didn’t calm me down as I had a feeling that as soon as I walked outside this cabin I would be bombarded with question after question about last night. I groaned as I got up, maybe I could stay in bed all day, but I bet that they would just come in here to question me. There was no way that could avoid them, so I might as well go about my day as normally as possible.

As soon as I opened the door to my cabin I was on high alert, sweeping the area for an incoming stampede of Aphrodite girls, but so far I was safe. I made it all the way to the dining area without seeing anyone, this was good. I had slept in a bit due to having been up late and everyone should have been in their classes. I was just sitting down and starting to eat when I heard it. The sound of heels running this way. Oh gods! I forgot about my food and ran, I ran as fast as I could, using wind to make me faster. I ran to the stables and jumped into one of the stalls, startling the Pegasuses. I tried to calm them by whispering things to them, but when I kept shooting nervous glances over the top of the stable door they didn’t completely trust that everything was ok. I quickly ducked back down when I heard the unmistakable sound of stilettos, I begged the Pegasuses to act normally and not give me away but when they get worked up, it takes forever for them to cool down.

“She’s in here somewhere girls, spread out and find her.” Selena said, and I know it was completely the wrong time but I had to appreciate her leadership skills, Aphrodite girls can be some of the hardest to control. I backed away into the corner of the stable and tried to hide but there was nothing to hide behind. Oh gods! They were going to find me.

‘Want a ride outta here?’ A Pegasus asked me, obviously seeing me panic. I gratefully agreed and hoped on his back. He quickly galloped out of the stable, hurtling past the Aphrodite girls. Once we were out in the open he took off and we soared into the air, I had escaped! For now at least. I knew I was going to have to face them some time, but not now. I was enjoying the feeling of wind hitting my face. I hadn’t ridden a Pegasus in what felt like ages and I had really missed it. What can I say I’m the daughter of the god of horses and the god of the skies, it’s in my blood.

I rode the Pegasus, who I later found out was named Sky Ryder, for about half an hour before I thought that I should probably go back. I haven’t talked to Dionysus since my date and I know that he, like all my other fathers, wouldn’t have been pleased that I had a date with Connor and will no doubt want to talk to me about it, if only to try and talk me out of ever doing it again. We landed by the stables, where I once again thanked the Pegasus for saving me and I went back to the dining area, having just remembered that I never got breakfast. And once again when I was eating I was ambushed, but this time I didn’t try and run away.

“Come on Izzy! You have to tell us what happened on your date! Don’t try and run away from us again!” Selena said, gripping my arm like a vice, trying to stop me from running.

“At least let me eat!” I begged, my stomach growling its agreement to this idea.

“Fine! But don’t think we are letting you get away.” Selena warned, sighing. When I had finished meal, however, there was nothing to save me from the onslaught of questions that the girls fired at me and I did my best to answer them all.

“A romantic dinner on the beach? That’s sooooo sweet! I wish my boyfriend was that sweet. You’re so lucky!” Rosanne gushed, whilst leaning on her hand and sighing dreamily.