Chapter 21: Epilogue

2 years later.

Brian's POV

Exactly 2 years ago today, my worst nightmare had reared its ugly head. Alex had passed away. Today, the band and i are going to go to the graveyard.

"Dad, we're going to the park right ?"

"Yeah, son. The park. But before that we just need to stop somewhere." I said.

"Okay, daddy."

I pulled up and we got out of the car.

We walked to where her grave was located. We all stood there and said nothing. Even Aiden.

After a couple of minutes, the guys and Carter left, leaving me alone.

"I miss you," my voice cracked.

"Raising him on my own is so hard but its fun at the same time. I wish you were here. And I'd give anything to have you back." I said I kneeled down.

I felt Matt's hand on my back and I felt Aiden's tiny hands trying to hug me. I held him and kissed his head.

"Dad ?"

"Yeah ?"

"Can we go for ice cream now ?"

I chuckled and said "Yeah let's go."

I picked Aiden up and took a look at the grave one last time before leaving, remembering that my girl, who was so happy at one point, ended up six feet in the ground before she was supposed to.

The only thing that gets me through is thinking about the fact that Alex got to live her dream by making her own music. I'm glad that she got to do that.

"Rest in peace, baby. Love you." I whispered as I turned around and made my way to the car, "And I'll see you very soon."

---------

A/N: so that is the end of my first fanfiction ! Lemme know in the comments section of you liked it :)