Chapter 2

I woke up on a rainy Saturday morning, still dubious and unsure whether the talk about my parents divorce was real or just a nightmare. As the sleepy fog clears from my mind a sense of dread leaves me feeling hollow inside. I'm supposed to meet Kyle, my boyfriend, this morning. That one thought has my stomach twisting in fear. He has a short temper and honestly its very frightening. . I'm just so afraid to even tell him that I don't want to be with him anymore. He'll probably loose it and shoot me. While I was walking to Kyle's place, I got a text from my best friend Carter.

"Hay girl, whatcha up to ? Wanna hang out today ? :) x the guys are coming over and I really want you to meet them. ". Apparently, Carter is really good friends with this band called Avenged Sevenfold. I've heard a lot about them from Carter but I've never met them.

"I'd love to, but I'm on my way to Kyle's place..". Send.

After a couple of minutes she replied, "he isn't good to you Alex. You deserve better."

I Ignored that message and knocked on Kyle's door.

I was greeted with a plain "Hey."

I walked in and shut the door behind me.

"You're late." he said.

"Huh ?"

"You were supposed to be here 30 minutes ago. Who is he ?"

"Kyle, there's no one else, I swear."

The next thing in knew I was on the floor with a stinging pain in my cheek.

"Liar !" he yelled.

"No, I swear !" I was really scared. I didn't know what he was going to do.

He continuously kicked me on my ribs. Carter was right.

I looked up at him and saw his fist coming towards my face. Then, everything else became a blur.