Chapter 20

(FFW: About 2 and a half years later)

Everything has been going great. I never thought I could ever be this happy. As for my music video, it was such a big hit ! Everyone loved it. Since then, I've put up a lot more and wrote a lot of new songs. And right now I'm with Brian on tour.

My relationship with Brian is going perfect. About 12 months ago, he proposed and right now I'm eight and a half month pregnant with his baby. Things had never been better.

Right now, Brian's on stage and I'm standing back here watching him. After every song , he kept looking back and asking if 'we' were okay.

"Thank you guys for another amazing show," Matt said.

"Ehm," Brian said.

"Got something to say, Gates ?" he laughed.

"I wanna bring someone up here." he said as he looked back at me.

"No !" I mouthed.

"Alex, come on out here." he smiled. Seeing that I was reluctant to come out, he walked towards me, held my wrist and pulled on stage."

Cheers, laughter and whistles filled my ears as I looked around.

"Wanna say anything to the fans ?"

Just as I was about to grab the mic, a sharp, piercing pain hit me in my stomach.

"Alex, did you just pee?" Brian laughed.

"I don't think she's taking a piss..." Zacky said.

"It's time." I whispered.

"It can't be. You're a month early."

"Go !" one kid shouted from the crowd.

Brian picked me up and we got into a car. He held my hand my entire way there. As each minute passed, the pain became harder to endure.

Brian's POV

At the hospital.

What the hell is going on ? She's not supposed to have the baby until next month. The nurses put her on a wheel chair and took her away.

I began running with them when they stopped me and told me that i wasn't allowed in there while she was giving birth.

"But I'm the father if the child i need to be there !" I yelled.

"Im sorry, sir but we can't let you in. It's against the rules."

"Well fuck the rules I have to-"

"Brian, stop it." Jimmy said as he pulled me away.

"I have to be with her !!"

"Stop yelling! You're gonna get kicked out ! Just sit down !" He raised his voice.

No one wins when Jimmy's mad. So I decided not to make him any angrier and sat down.

He sat down next to me and patted my back.

"Just hope for the best okay ?"

I nodded.

"She'll make it through," Matt said.

I sat there nervously tapping my foot on the ground.

What if she doesn't make it ?

I don't want our kid to grow up without a mother. I won't be able to do this on my own.

Carter arrived about half an hour later. She ran to Matt with teary eyes and hugged him.

"I don't wanna loose my best friend," she cried.

"Shhh, it's okay."

Narrator's POV

The nurse walked out of the room in which Alex was.

"Mr Haner ?" she called out.

Brian jumped off his chair and ran towards her.

"Can I go see her now ?" he asked.

She led him in and said, "Mr Haner, I'm afraid I must inform you of a very unfortunate event."

Hearing the word 'unfortunate', Brian turned his head to look at the nurse.

"What is it ?"

"Apart from the fact that Your son is born a month early than his actual due date, your wife tried as hard as she could and so did we, but your she didn't make it."

"What ?!" he yelled, "How ?!"

"She lost a lot of blood and got a septic infection. The antibiotics failed to keep her alive. We're very sorry for your loss, sir."

Brian stared at his fiancée's lifeless body. What on earth was he gonna do now that the love of his life is no more ?

"I'll leave you alone," the nurse said as she left.

He slowly walked to her side and saw her pale face.

"Alexandra," he whispered, "wake up. Please, babe. We gotta go home. Don't do this to me please. Alex ! " his voice started to rise , "Alex !" he held her hand and wept. He stopped when he felt a hand on his back.

"She's in a better place now, Brian." a voice said.

"No! I can't live without her!"

The room hushed when the little boy in his crib began crying. Brian wiped his eyes and looked at him. He picked him up and swayed him from side to side to get him to stop crying.

"Shh." he cooed.

And it worked.

"Brian," Carter said, "I know this isn't the best advice, but right now, you have to be strong for the sake of your son."

She's right.

He looked at him as he yawned and wrapped his hand around his finger.

"Sir," the nurse said, "have you decided a name for your son yet ?"

"What did Alex wanna call him, Brian ?" Carter asked

"Aiden," he whispered.

"Aiden what ?"

"..James.. I think." he replied, "Aiden James Haner."