Chapter 9

Alex's POV

I woke up the next day with a massive headache. What happened last night ? The last thing I remember was being at the studio and that's it. Where'd it go from there ? Did I get drunk ?! I hope I didn't confess anything to Brian.

After getting dressed up and taking a shower, I thought I'd check this place out. Brian's house was huge and I haven't seen all of it. Yet.

There was this room that was a couple of steps away from mine. I twisted the knob and pushed the door open. I saw a beautiful drum set. So shiny and it looked so new. Hell yeah I was gonna play it.

I knew how to drum to Fuel - Metallica so I did. I kept playing like nobody was watching. And it was the best feeling in the whole world. Whenever I was drumming, I felt good because no matter what I was going through in my life, drumming or making music took my mind off it. Being in a band and making my own music was something I've always wanted to do. But everyone kept telling me that the chances of making it were a billion to one.

After I was done, I looked at this beautiful instrument and smiled. Then, a 'beep' suddenly caught my attention. I looked back and saw Brian standing at the door.

"Were you filming that ?" I asked.

"Maybe. Alex, that was amazing. Wasn't that.. Fuel by Metallica ?"

I nodded

"Alex you have talent. You can sing, you can play drums, and I bet you're as awesome on guitar. Have you ever thought about showing the world what you've got?"

I shook my head. Not everyone gets as lucky as him. He had full support from his family and I don't even have a family. He has the best friends in the world and I have no friends.

"Alex," he said as he walked towards me and put his hand on my shoulder, "take it from me. You're talented. You have an amazing voice. People wanna listen to you. And it's not just me."

I stared into his brown eyes.

"Not everyone gets lucky." I whispered. "What are the chances of making it ?"

"What are the chances of not making it ?" he said.

Everything was silent for a couple of minutes until I broke it with a sigh.

"You'll never know until you try." he said.

I got up at walked out of the room. It was really flattering to hear Brian say that I had talent but I need him to understand that not everyone gets lucky.

Brian's POV

That's it. I want the world to see Alex's talent. I want her to do what she loves. I want her to be happy.

I grabbed the USB cable and uploaded the video of Alex drumming online. After this would get loads of hits, Alex would get discovered. Then she'd be living her dream.

I know she has talent and so do the guys. That's why I'm gonna need their help.