Chapter 36

NORMAL POV

We're sitting in Nandos (Niall's choice!!) enjoying our delicious Peri-Peri chicken, when my phone rings.  "Hello?" I say.  "Maya?" Luke's voice says.  "What's up?"  "Maya, I, I just-I'm so, so sorry, and I never meant for it to happen, I'm so-"  I cut off his rambling.  "Luke, babe, tell me what happened," I say in a slow, even voice.  By now the entire table is facing me listening to my conversation.  "Well, I was watching Squishy like you asked, right?  So I let him outside to do his business and I walk inside to check the food I had in the microwave, and then when I walked back outside, I saw, I saw," he starts crying.  "Luke, c'mon babe, tell me what happened," I say getting slightly worried now.  "Squishy got hit by a car.  He died on impact," Luke tells me.  "WHAT?!?!" I scream into the phone.  "Maya I'm so, so, so, so sorry!!  I never meant for him to run out into the street and get-"  "I KNOW LUKE!!!" I scream.  I realize how harsh I sound so I talk to him again.  "Sorry, I'm just a little upset," I say.  "I'm OK."  "Are you sure?" Luke asks gently.  Then I break.  "No, non sto bene! il mio cane appena stato investito da un'auto, è morto al momento dell'impatto e si ha il coraggio di chiedermi se sto bene? davvero? Non la migliore scelta di parole luke!" I scream into the phone.  Then I turn to Zayn. "e Zayn, dici una cosa del mio italiano, non siete mai sarà in grado di avere figli! mai!!!" (Translation: No I'm not okay!!!  My dog just got hit by a car, died on impact and you have the audacity to ask me if I'm fine?  Really?  Not the best choice of words Luke!!  And Zayn, you say one thing about my Italian, you are never going to be able to have children!!  Ever!!!)  "I'm going to guess that that was you yelling at me and Zayn because I heard both our names in there," Luke says.  "Yes, yes it was.  Now where are you?" I say, calming down a little, although there are still tears streaming down my face.  (A/N: MOMENTS REFERENCE!!!  NOT INTENDED!!!)  "I'm at your house.  Are you coming?" he asks me.  "Sei un idiota! Naturalmente sto arrivando! E 'il mio cane impazzendo!!" I scream into the phone, then hang up and turn the boys.  "You obviously heard that whole thing, so who's taking me home?" I say.  "We'll all come," Liam decides.  "Whatdidyousaypleasedon'thurtme?" Zayn says really fast.  I laugh and turn to him.  "I said no I'm not okay.  My dog just got hit by a car, died on impact and you have the audacity to ask me if I'm fine?  Really?  Not the best choice of words Luke. And Zayn, you say anything about my Italian you are never going to be able to have children.  Ever," I inform him, then laugh when his face visible pales. "It's OK Uncle Zaynie.  I'm not going to chop your balls off.  I was just angry at everything," I say giving him a hug.  "Now give me a piggyback ride," I demand.  "Fine," he grumbles and bends down so I can get on his back.  He does and I immediately bury my face into his neck and let out the silent tears I've been holding in.  "Maya?  Are you crying?" Perrie asks running over to me.  "No," I say trying to make my voice sound normal, but failing miserably.  "Maya," Zayn says, holding me bridal style now.  "It's OK to cry," he says.  And then I have my second break.  Though, this one was more sad than angry.  I burst into tears and bury my face into Zayn's shirt.  Apparently my sobs are loud enough this time that everyone can hear them.  I'm swarmed by what seems like a million people asking me what's wrong.  "ALRIGHT!!  BACK IT UP PEOPLE!!!  LET THE POOR GIRL BREATH!!!" Mom screams.  Everyone gets quiet and steps back.  "C'mere Sweetheart," Dad says and takes me from Zayn.  We all get in the van and I lay down with my head on Mom's lap, my middle on Harry's lap, and my feet on Dad's lap.  The whole car ride I'm crying silent tears.  We pull into the driveway and I'm the first one out of the car.  "Luke?" I say once I'm inside the house.  I hear no answer so I look around.  I'm walking past the music room when I hear sounds.  I stop and put my ear to the door.  It dosen't sound like music, so Luke can't be playing anything.  I open the door and get my heart torn in two.  Sitting on the piano, kissing some bimbo, is Luke.  Luke looks up from the kiss and sees me.  He pulls away from...her and stands up.  "Maya, it's not what-"  "YOU KNOW WHAT LUKE?!?!" I scream cutting him off.  "I TRUSTED YOU!!!!  I LOVED YOU!!!  I STILL F***ING DO!!!  I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT I DO!!!!  I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!!!  MY DOG GETS RUN OVER BY A CAR AND I TURN TO MY BOY, EXCUSE ME, EX-BOYFRIEND FOR COMFORT TO FIND HIM WHERE??  MAKING OUT WITH SOME BIMBO IN MY OWN HOUSE!!!!"  He tries to talk, but I beat him to it.  "You know what?  Get the f*** out of my house.  Bring your s*** with you."  And with that I run downstairs sobbing, outside to the treehouse.  I go to the "bedroom" and lie down on a random bed and close my eyes, hoping this is all just some terrible nightmare.

LOUIS' POV-The same scene

Maya runs in to find Luke, and we all follow her.  We're waiting in the kitchen when we hear yelling from upstairs.  I run to the bottom of the staircase, everyone else hot on my heels, and listen to the conversation playing out from upstairs.  "YOU KNOW WHAT LUKE?!?!  I TRUSTED YOU!!!!  I LOVED YOU!!!  I STILL F***ING DO!!!  I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT I DO!!!!  I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!!!  MY DOG GETS RUN OVER BY A CAR AND I TURN TO MY BOY, EXCUSE ME, EX-BOYFRIEND FOR COMFORT TO FIND HIM WHERE??  MAKING OUT WITH SOME BIMBO IN MY OWN HOUSE!!!!"  Oh, hell no.  Not on my watch.  I'm about to go upstairs when Maya runs down, sobbing like there's no tomorrow, and goes into the tree house.  El motions for us all to be quiet and points to upstairs.  "He's still up there," she whispers.  "Well he has to come down sooner of later, with or without the b**** he was cheating on Maya with," Liam growls.  OK, Daddy Direction is pissed.  Liam NEVER swears.  I'm about to say something when Luke walks downstairs, head hung low, and dragging what looks like an oompa-loompa on drugs who let a clown do her makeup.  We all glare at him and he keeps looking down at the ground like it's gold.  He's at the door when Haz speaks up.  "Why?" is all he chokes out.  "I'm sorry," is Luke's response, then he leaves.  "Well this day has been...interesting," Niall says trying to lighten the mood.  "Thanks Nialler.  I'm going to check on Maya," I say.  "Nope.  No.  Absolutely not," El says, along with the rest of the girls.  "Why?" I whine.  "Because right now there are only 2 guys she wants to see.  Their names are Ben and Jerry," Dani says.  "It's a girl thing.  Let us go up there tonight, and you can see her in the morning," Gabby reasons.  "Fine," all the guys groan.  The girls walk to the tree house leaving us standing there.  "Well, whadda wanna do?" Zayn asks.  "I'm not sure if this is normal, but right now I'm planning different ways to kill Luke," Harry says menacingly.  "OK, Hazza.  Little too much.  Let's watch some movies and eat a load of crap and be normal teenage lads for a while," Liam says responsibly.  "You had me at eat a load of crap," Niall says before sprinting to the kitchen.  "I'm going to make sure he dosen't eat us out of house and home," Liam says with small smile before sprinting after Niall.  "I'm going to pick the movie," Zayn says leaving Harry and I standing there.  "Don't worry," I tell the younger lad.  "I was thinking the same thing.  No one hurts my Princess and gets away with it.  No one."

DON'T HATE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but I have a good reason!!!!!!

I had to get rid of Squishy because, honestly, I kept forgetting about him.  SOO it made my job as author easier.

I really have no good reason for Luke cheating on Maya except that she's going to write some killer music next chapter!!!

Again, don't kill me!!!!!!  It was in the best interest of the storyline!!!!!!

And on a happier note, have fun watching Harry eat a banana!!!!!!

PEACE OUT AND STAY BEAUTIFUL MAH YOUNG PADAWANS!!!!!!