Chapter 16

NORMAL POV

I've just finished meeting Niall's, Zayn's, and Liam's families and they're all amazing people.  Mum, Aunt Perrie, and Aunt Danielle aren't here though, which sucks.  Aunt Perrie is touring in America, Aunt Dainelle is dancing with some band in Asia, and Mum is modeling in Italy.  My thoughts are interupted by a touch on my shoulder.  I turn to see Luke.  Cue butterflies in 3, 2, here they are.  "Hey, you want to go outside?" he asks me.  "Yea.  I haven't seen it yet," I say.  He grabs my hand and I feel sparks go off inside of me.  Wonder if he felt that?  Nah, he wouldn't like me.  I mean, he's HIM.  Hot, cool, popular.  And I'm me.  Average, spazy, and a loser.  He drags me past everyone to the back door.  He opens it and bows dramatically.  "After you, m'lady," he says putting on a posh accent.  I copy him and resond with "Why thank you, kind sir!"  I walk out and he follows me.  I look around and gasp.  It 's amazing. There is a kidney pool complete with a water slide, a epic treehouse, a trampoline, and a beautiful water feature in the corner of the yard.  It had a waterfall into a pond with a bridge.  I immidialty run over to the bridge.  I can hear Luke gasping for breath behind me as he tries to catch up.  I stop on the bridge and sit down criss-cross applesauce.  Luke sits down in front of me.  "So, tell me about yourself," Luke starts.  "OK.  My name is Maya XXXXX Tomlinson.  I am XX years old and used to live in XXXXXX, XX.  Music is my life, I can sing, play guitar, and play piano.  I play basketball, competitive swim, soccer, and I wrestled for 5 years," I say.(A/N: I know I said she was a black belt, but I'm changing it because, well, I'm the author and I'm allowed to!!!  Now, READ!!!)  He smirks.  "I bet you I can beat you in a fight," he says.  I smile back.  "Let the games begin," I say and walk to the middle of the yard.  I'm about to start counting when Luke shouts "Wait!"  "What?" I say.  I am really eager to beat this boy and show him how it's done.  "We need a ref!" he says then runs to the house to get a ref.  He walks back out with Liam and Harry.  "Ok, Liam's our ref and Harry just wanted to see me get beat by a girl, which ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN!" he screams in Harry's face.  "Um, if you're done, let's fight pretty boy," I smirk.  Harry smiles.  "That's my girl!!" he shouts.  Luke and I get into defensive stances and Liam yells go. We immidialy begin circling and I stare intently at him.  Ok, I know what you're thinking and no, it's not an "Please notice me because I like you!" stares.  I'm trying to figure out how he works, how he moves.  I can see him lean more heavily on his right leg.  Bingo!  I quickly dart forward and grab his shoulders.  As he's trying to get my hands off him and get in control, I swipe his right leg out from underneath him and he falls.  Soon I'm on top of him, pinning his face to the ground.  "One, two, three!  We have a winner!!" Liam yells.  I jump up and start dancing around like a fool.  I turn to Luke who's still on the ground.  I hold out my hand and he grabs it gratefully.  "And that is why you do not fight me," I smirk.  He nods.  Harry comes up and starts laughing his head off.  "You got beat by a girl!  Who's like half your size!!!" he gets out between laughs.  I laugh with him.  It's true.  Luke is about 5' 9", which is quite taller than my 5' 5".  "Hey!" Luke whines.  "She has taken years of wrestling!!!"  "Yeah, but who's the einstien who challenged me AFTER you knew that?" I ask.  He realizes that I'm right and he's wrong and hangs his head.  "Aww Lukey!!!  It's ok!!!  I didn't beat you by THAT much!" I say trying to make him feel better.  "Actually, Maya, it took you a total of 5 minutes to kick his butt," Liam says as he comes over to us.  "Uncle LiLi!!! Not helping the situation!!" I scold then turn back to babying Luke by petting and patting his head and talking in ridiculous voices.  By the time I get him somewhat cheered up, Harry and Liam have gone inside.  "Hey, you wanna go in and get laughed at for being beat be yours truly or do you wanna stay out here and enjoy the wonderous silence?" I ask.  He pretends to think long and hard about it, stroking his imaginary beard and everything.  "Weeellll," he drags out the well.  "When you put it that way, let's stay out here!"  I nod and link arms with him.  I start skipping, dragging him along, singing (VERY) off-key "WE'RE OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD!!!!!  THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ!!!!"  Luke eventually joins in and we skip back to the pond.  We sit down in the same spots.  "So, I told you about me, so now tell me about you," I tell him.  "Ok.  My name is Luke Ky Styles.  I'm 12 1/2 and am currently living in Cheshire, England.  I was adopted when I was 8.  I skateboard, play the drums,  I've been told I'm a good singer, but I think I'm rubbish, I like the color red, and cats."  "Wow.  Interesting, very interesting," I say.  "Maya, you sound like you're planning to kill me or something," he points out.  "DUH!!  That's what I was going for!" I roll my eyes at him then look out onto the pond.  It's night, and you can see the reflection of the full moon in the pond.  "It's beautiful," I find myself saying.  "Not as beautiful as you," Luke says.  I look at him in shock, then compose myself.  "Cheesy, but cute.  And, thanks, but I'm not beautiful.  I'm...average," I tell him.  I turn to look back at the water, but Luke puts his hand out so he's cupping my cheek. (A/N: NOT THAT CHEEK YOU PERVS!!!!!  Society these days....*exasperated sigh*)  "Maya, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on.  Never think different," he says firmly.  "Oh, and ikindasortalikeyou,like,likelikeyou," he rushes out.  My mind processes what he said.  I feel myself moving forward and see him do the same.  "If it helps, I kinda sorta like you too, like, like like you," I say.  He smiles at me using his words against him, then presses his lips to mine.  I melt into the kiss and wrap my hands around his neck.  He pulls away and presses his forehead to mine.  The words he says next change my world forever.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

 A/N: I know this is REALLY, REALLY clishe and what-not, but it's so sweet, so deal with it.  

Comment, like, etc...

UNICORNS!!!!