Chapter 9

NORMAL POV

After my talk with Harry, I start pulling clothes out of my drawer.  I pick some black jeans, a white t-shirt, a purple leather jacket, combat boots, and some jewelry.  I finish with some purple eye shadow and chap-stick. http://www.polyvore.com/meeting/set?id=77969832 I French braid my hair and walk downstairs.  I find Niall in the kitchen making some breakfast.  He turns to look at me and groans.  "What?" I ask with confusion etched across my face.  Do I really look that bad?  "You know you don't need makeup to cover up, love," he says.  "First, Niall, don't quote your own song.  And second, I don't wear makeup because I'm insecure.  I wear it because it's like and extension of my personality.  I'm a bubbly, fun person.  My makeup helps me express that.  How many emo, depressed are out there wearing bright blue eye shadow?" I tease.  He nods his head.  "OK, I guess those are good reasons, so I'm fine with it."  The rest of the boys come into the kitchen from who-knows-where and they all give the same reaction Niall did.  "First, don't even think about quoting your own songs, Leprechaun beat you to it.  And secondly," I turn to Niall.  "Can't you just tell them I have good reasons and we can be done with this?"  He shakes his head and points to the giant breakfast sandwich he has hanging out of his mouth.  I glare at him and turn back to the other boys.  "I don't wear makeup because I'm insecure, I wear it because it's an extension of my happy, bubbly personality.  Like I told Niall, how many depressed, emo chicks out there wear bright blue eye shadow?" I say.  They all contemplate this then nod their heads and mumble agreements.  We all find some breakfast and eat.  After, we're all just sitting around waiting for the guy to show up.  At about 9:30 the doorbell rings and Harry gets up to answer it.  We hear the customary greeting being exchanged then Harry walks back in with a middle aged man with brown hair and blue eyes that are partially covered by glasses.  "Hi, I'm Frank Richards."  He then addresses me.  "You must be Maya XXXXXX."  I nod.  "Yes I am.  Pleased to meet you."  "Ok, I'm going to get right to the point.  You can live here for the rest of the month until the bills are due, then you must leave.  Do you have any family you can stay with?"  I shake my head no.  "In that case you-"  "Mr. Richards?" Liam asks.  "Um, well, basically, um," Harry cuts him off.  "We'd like to adopt Maya."

(A/N: Sorry for the short chapter but I wanted to build up some suspense!  So, read, comment, vote, etc, etc.....

....

....

....

UNICORNS!!!!)