Chapter 44

LOUIS' POV

All of a sudden we're rushed out of the room.  "NO!!  I WANT TO SEE HER!!" I shout, Harry shouting similar things.  Liam and Niall look up from their pacing, Zayn walking, now running, down the hall to us.  "Guys, please say that the beeping noise is coming from the room next to Maya's," Niall says hopefully.  Harry and I frown and look down.  "Oh God," Zayn says.  "Clear!!" we hear a doctor say.  They repeat that for about 10 minutes.  We call the girls and our families down, and when the doctors come out, they're faced with 32 pairs of eyes staring at them hopefully.  "We're sorry but-" he's cut off by a cry of joy from the room.  "She has a pulse!" a nurse says happily running out.  "She does?" the doctor asks.  "Yes, just now," the nurse says excitedly.  "Well then, don't plan the funeral so soon, you're daughter's alive," the doctor says looking at us.  "She's awake!" another doctor says walking out of the room.  "2 people at a time please," the first doctor says looking at the size of the group.  "Lou and El, you go first," Liam says.  I nod and grab El's hand.  "C'mon, let's go see our daughter," I say smiling.  We walk in the room and see Maya looking out the window.  "Hey," I say softly.  Her head turns.  She smiles brightly and motions for us to come over.  El and I give her a giant bear hug.  "How you feeling?" El asks.  Her head cocks to the side and she looks confused.  She motions for something to write with, so I hand her my phone, opened to the notes section.  She types something and hands the phone to me and El.

Didn't the doctors tell you?  I can't talk.  The bullet hit something important.

"What?" El asks.  "You can't talk?"  She nods.  Then something hits me.  "You can't sing."  My words are left floating in the air for a second, before Maya breaks down.  Me and El lay down on either side of her in the hospital bed.  I put my arms around both El and Maya and El puts hers around just Maya.  "Shh baby, it's gonna be OK," El coos.  Maya nuzzles her face into El shirt and crys quietly for a little bit, El talking to her and me rubbing her back.  She pulls away in a little bit and asks for my phone again.

How many people are here?

I do a quick count in my head.  "33," I tell her.  Her eyes widen.  

33 freaking people?!?!  To see me?!?!  Who the heck came?!?!

"Um, there's the lads, all the girlfriends/fiances," I say looking at El with a smile.  "And everyone's family members."  Her face pales for a second.  

Luke's here?

I nod.  She grimaces.  

I'm soooooooooo lucky (sarcasm intended)

I laugh.  "Do you want us to send more people in?  The doctors said 2 people at a time at first," El says.  She nods and we get up to leave.  I hear a banging noise and turn around.  Maya motioning us to come back.  We do and she jumps up and hugs us both so tightly I thought I lost circulation.  She pulls back and points to herself, then makes a heart with her hands, and points back at us.  Me and El copy her then she gives us each a kiss on the cheek.  "Bye," I say walking out with El.  "2 more people," El says and goes to sit down, and I sit beside her.  "I so glad she's OK," El murmurs.  "Me too," I agree.  "Me too."

NORMAL POV

2 seconds after Mom and Dad leave, the door bursts open and Harry and Niall run in.  They jump onto the bed and start showering me in affection.  Well, their way of affection.  So tickling me to death.  "Why is there no sound coming out of you mouth?" Niall asks when he notices that I'm making the motions of laughing, but not actually laughing.  I put my hand out and motion to Niall's pocket.  He pulls out his phone and I open up the notes section.