Chapter 8

HARRY'S POV

I lift her into her bed and whisper "Good night, love," and kiss her forehead lightly.  I walk downstairs to see the rest of the lads on the couches in the living room.  "Hey, when are we going to tell her we want to adopt her?" Liam says.  "I say, when the guy comes tomorrow, he's bound to ask her where she's going to stay.  Why don't se just tell her then?" Niall says.  "You're a smart little leprechaun," Louis says and ruffles Niall's hair.  "You are so lucky I'm not Zayn," he says.  We all laugh a little.  "I'm headed up to bed, anyone coming?" Zayn asks.  Yeah, we've been crashing her instead of the flat we rented, just so Maya's not alone.  "I'll come," I say.  "Me too."  "Me three."  "Me seven!"  "Louis!  You skipped 4,5, and 6!  Not cool man!" Niall says as he walks up the stairs.  "Just shut up and go to sleep!" Liam yells from his room.  I chuckle and go to bed.  

*MORNING* (STILL HARRY'S POV)

I hear a whimper and I open my eyes.  I check Maya's room and she's sitting on her bed looking through a photo album.  I see her wipe her face.  She was crying.  I sit on her bed behind her and she jumps a little.  She turns and see me.  "Oh, it's just you," she says.  She turns back to the book and I look over her shoulder.  I see a picture of who I guess is Maya, but a few years younger, all of her siblings, 5 other kids, and an adult I assume is her dad.  They are all sitting on a surfboard in a lake.  "I remeber that trip," she says with a chuckle.  "We won a vacation to a lake house with 2 other families."  She motions to 2 girls and a boy.  "Those are the XXXXXX's.  The older one's Taylor, the middle is Kendall, and the youngest is Sam."  She runs her finger over their faces.  "Those two are Allen and Lex," she says motioning to 2 boys.  "I used to wrestle with Lex.  In secret, though, so we wouldn't get in trouble.  I would always win, even though he's like, 4 years older than me.  He was always skin and bones."  She laughs a little again.  She moves to another picture.  It was of her and a group of her friends.  They were all on ice skates and looking up at the camera.  "Where was that?" I ask.  "My 12th birthday party in my backyard.  My dad always built an ice rink every year in our backyard.  We all learned how to skate at a young age.  Swimming as well," she tells me.  She then puts the book down and stands up.  "I better get dressed.  The guy's coming today."  I nod and stand to leave.  As I reach the door, she pulls me back.  I turn around and before I knew it, I engulfs me in a giant hug.  "Thank you Harry," she mumbles into my shirt.   "For what?" I ask as I hug her back.  She tilts her head up to look at me.  "For always being here.  Don't tell the other boys, but you're my favorite," she says.  I hug her again and then step away.  She turns and closes the door to get dressed.  As soon as the door is fully closed, I do a little happy dance.  I'm her favorite!  Yes!