Chapter Seventeen: It's All My Fault

I walked into the Achievement Hunter office. I was finally back at work a week later. I still had a slight sore throat, and you could defiantly hear it when I talked, but I was okay enough to come back to work.
The guys were happy that I was back. Geoff was probably the least happy though. I noticed him giving me dirty looks when I walked in, but when he noticed me looking at him, he'd smile and say how nice it was to have me back.
He was a bad liar.
I took my seat while the guys swarmed me with questions and such. But, really, I was the one that had a question.
"Where's Gavin?" I asked them.
The guys looked back at Geoff. Geoff glared at me and this time didn't try to hide it.
"Gavin went back to England for a little while. Said he needed to get away," Geoff growled.
He was implying it was my fault. And to be honest, it probably was. It doesn't take a genius to know that.
I lowered my head and sighed. Nice way to leave. Tell me not to talk to him and then go to England. I didn't even know if we were together anymore.
"When is he coming back?" I asked tentatively.
"He said the least he's staying is two months. Although knowing him, he's probably gonna be staying longer than that," Geoff told me.
Two months?! I hadn't hurt him that bad, did I? If Lindsay had just kept her fucking mouth shut, I wouldn't be in this mess. Hell, if Lindsay never came to Austin this wouldn't have happened.
"That... Sucks. Have you told the viewers?" I asked him.
"No, we thought you could," Geoff smiled evilly.
This was his way of revenge. I hurt his little Gavin, so I had to pay. This is what sucked about having him as your boss. If you pissed him off, you'd pay for it.
I quickly sent out a tweet telling the fans that Gavin wouldn't be appearing in videos for a few months. My phone instantly blew up with notifications of upset fans. This was the payback. My phone would be doing this all day.
Jack and Jesse snickered at me while I watched my phone's notifications go off. Too bad Geoff doesn't let us turn them off.
Geoff approached me and threw down a file on my desk.
"Finish these by tonight," He ordered. I looked through it and groaned when I realized this was gonna take me forever.
God dammit.

I threw my headphones down when my killer headache got worse. Fucking Geoff, making me do these impossible edits.
I opened my drawer to my pain medicine, only to realize I ran out. I got so many headaches at work I actually used an entire bottle of pain medicine. I groaned and got up, rummaging through other peoples desks. I knew Jesse kept some in his drawer so I took some. He wouldn't mind. Hell, if it weren't for me, he wouldn't have a job here.
I got back to work, waiting for my headache to go away. It didn't of course.
Once I finished the edit I was working on, I saved it to a file to post it tomorrow. I decided to check the YouTube account to make sure nothing was going on on it.
I looked over at my subscriptions to see the SloMoGuys account. I clicked on it, curious as to what they have been up too.
Their channel got about an extra million subscribers in about a week. What the fuck? How did they manage that?
I looked at their newest video and noticed that Gavin, Dan and two other famous YouTubers stood together holding slinkys. I recognized the other two YouTubers as Dan and Phil. I clicked on the video and watched it.

They basically did a collab with them. It was kinda weird seeing Gavin and Dan act like that with two other YouTubers. Especially two YouTubers that were entirely different from them.
I looked through the comments and saw most of them were about how great it was that Dan and Phil were there. I rolled my eyes. Like Gavin and Dan weren't enough for them.
I finally worked up the courage to post a comment. I knew it'd probably get tons of recognition, resulting in Gavin or Dan looking at it. I typed away at my keyboard anyway.

Nice vid. Quite interesting. Anyway, I hope you didn't forget about us Gavin. We all miss you. It's so much more quiet around the office without you here. I can't wait for you to come back.

I posted it. He'd probably get pissed at it but whatever. At least he'll know I'm still there.
I felt tears come to my eyes as I realized he left because of me. He couldn't bare to be around the office because of me. This entire thing was my fault.
And I was willing to except that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, so I am currently on my phone during a class cause I'm bored as fuck. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed! I hope you enjoyed! Next two chapters are the most exciting so far. Tell me if you think I should end this story in the next two chapters, thanks!