Chapter Ten: Coming Out

I kept my eyes on the road. I knew my phone was going off and I knew it was Molly telling me we'd talk about what happened later. I don't like Gavin. I just miss being in a relationship so I blush if I come into human contact with someone else. That's it.
Gavin was asleep in the seat next to me. Everyone decided we'd drive through the night and Gavin crashed at around eleven. It was now one in the morning. I was exhausted but I was okay enough to continue driving.
I kept sneaking glances at Gavin, surprisingly. He looked absolutely adorable while he slept.
Okay, that was enough. I've been having these thoughts for far too long. Time to have a little thinking session.
Why the hell am I thinking these things about Gavin? I've never thought any of these things about him before. Or... At least before we had sex. After that, my perspective of him changed. I did admit to Lindsey that I was attracted to him. And that was my heart doing the speaking, not my mind. So if that's what my heart felt, then that's what my mind felt without me knowing it.
I snuck another glance at him. He did look really adorable. His mouth was just barely gaped open and little snores escaped through it. His long hair covered his eyes, making him look secluded. I think a little bit of drool was slipping from his mouth. But that didn't make him look any less adorable. If anything it made him look even more cute.
I looked back at the road and sighed. Maybe I was attracted to Gavin. Maybe, I did... Like him. Maybe I did see him as something more than a best friend. The only issue with all this is, Gavin's not gay. He's not bi, pan, or even poly. He's straight. And that's that. Gavin's dated girls and only girls and so have I.
Although, Gavin's last relationship and the only one I know about was with Meg. And they only dated for about three months before breaking it off. And both of them gave everyone a shit excuse saying, it wasn't working out how they planned it would. After that, Gavin never was in an actual relationship. People would always come on to him and he would shoot them down. I believe he had a couple one night stands but that was because he was drunk.
I got so lost in thought that I didn't even realize Gavin had woken up and was looking at my phone.

Gavin's POV:

What the hell? What was Molly talking about?

Michael, if you like Gavin, maybe you should tell him. It'd be easier for both of you.

So... Michael likes me? I couldn't believe it. I would be freaking out right now if Michael wasn't here and I wasn't in a car.
I decided that right now I was gonna come out to him.
"Mi-cool?" I asked gently. He jumped suddenly and gave me a quick glance.
"God Gavin. You fucking scared me," Michael muttered. I smirked and gave him a look of confusion.
"I've been moving around you know," I told him. Michael shrugged.
"Yeah, well, I was really deep in thought," Michael muttered. I nodded and he looked at me again. "What do you need?"
"Can I tell you something? Something that I've been meaning to tell you but never got around to," I asked him. I felt my heartbeat quicken and my palms began to get sweaty.
"Shoot."
"Mi-cool... Um... I'm not who you think I am. I'm actually not what anyone thinks I am. I've been having this internal war with myself for years and I only came to terms with it a couple years ago. I've realized that... I'm gay, Mi-cool," I told him. I saw Michael's eyes widen for a moment before he gave me a quick glance.
"You are?" He asked. He was making a confused face. Oh god... He wasn't okay with it.
"Yeah... But that wasn't all. Ever since I met you, I've had these strange feelings. And I realized about a year ago that... I actually like you Michael," I confessed.
What Michael did next both shocked and disappointed me.
"Well, I don't know what to tell you Gav. I mean, I'm not gay. And it's only been about a month since Lindsey and I broke up. I mean, I will admit I am slightly attracted to you, but doesn't everyone have attraction to the same gender sometimes?" Michael told me. I sighed and nodded. I knew this was gonna happen. Why did I say anything in the first place. I'm such an idiot.
"I'm sorry, Mi-cool. Just forget I said anything," I told him. Michael nodded and smiled. I pulled out my phone and started texting in the group message with Barbara and Meg.

Gav:
I just told Michael I liked him.

Barbara:
No way! What did he say!?

Gav:
He basically said he didn't feel the same way.

Meg:
Oh gosh Gav. I'm so sorry.

Gav:
I wish I didn't say anything now.

Barbara:
Hey, maybe he'll come around now.

Gav:
I doubt it.

Meg:
Gav, it's gonna be okay. You'll be home in the morning right?

Gav:
Yeah

Meg:
Barbara and I will be at your apartment and we'll eat ice cream and watch movies with you until you feel better, okay?

Barbara:
IM TOTALLY DOWN FOR THAT!

Gav:
Thanks guys. I'll be looking forward to stuffing my face with ice cream like a teenage girl.

Meg:
Isn't that what you are though?

Gav:
Fuck you too, Meg.

Barbara:
I'm laughing my ass off right now.

I turned off my phone and tried to fall back asleep. Michael wasn't paying any attention to me. I felt the heavy tension on me like bricks and all I wanted to do was curl up and cry.
Why did I have to like my best friend?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay so this chapter is a little short. Sorry! But I did say it was more exciting and think it is a little more exciting. Anyway, next chapter is pretty awesome to. I hope you guys are enjoying this! Tell me if you would like a long story cause personally, I think there is a lack of long Mavin stories. Anyway, I hope you guys are enjoying and if you are, leave me some feedback! I'd really appreciate it!