Chapter Two - Well, I can see why people just can't get enough of you

Chapter Two

Shaking my head, slowly returning to reality, I fix myself before stepping out of the infirmary and towards the English classroom.

I was about to open the door, when the bell rings and people start rushing out of the room.

Sighing, thinking I won’t be able to fight my way through the wave of people trying to get away and to lunch, I decide to just go with it and wait another day before seeing the beautiful English teacher again.

As I followed the wave of people in a daze, I almost scream when a pair of strong arms wraps around my waist.

“Hey baby…” Matt says loud enough for other people around us to hear.

I got back to earth and turn around to wraps my arms around his neck after seeing Miranda, the crush he wants to make jealous stare at us in shock.

“Hey handsome…” I reply nuzzling my face into his neck, inhaling his minty scent.

He grins cheekily at me, leaning in to kiss my cheek.

“I was worried when you collapsed this morning…” He frowns at me and I know that this part is not him pretending being my worrywart boyfriend. It’s him being a worrywart best friend, and that’s just a bonus.

“Sorry baby, I guess it’s just anemia.” I shrug as I intertwine my hand into his and pulling him away from the gaping students around us, missing the red-haired English teacher staring at us amusedly from the front of her classroom door.

~~~

I almost broke into laughter at the faces of the people at lunch as I walk in with Matt acting all lovey-dovey.

The whole room was silent as we keep giggling together, whispering about their faces while acting as if we’re flirting.

Then, one of the football jocks, Wesley, if I’m not mistaken walks up to us smirking smugly.

“Hey Cassandra, there’s a party at my house on Friday. Will you come?” He asks eyeing Matt as if taunting him.

I smile sweetly making him grin wider feeling victorious before turning to Matt.

“What do you think baby? Should we go?” I ask him batting my eyelashes.

“Uh, I meant for you to come with me. He can come if he want to though. I’m sure he can find something to do there…” Wesley frowns but quickly smiles his supposedly charming smile making me want to barf all over him.

I was about to say something when Matt suddenly pulls me closer and whispers into my ear.

“Hey, don’t blow up on him. They will know we’re bluffing if you do. Pretend I’m saying something pervy?” He whispers.