Chapter Seventeen - IaskedMiroutbut...

Chapter Seventeen

I'm pacing back and forth.

Yes. Pacing. Back and forth.

Where?

Uh... In my room...

Just pacing...

Staring at this little piece of paper biting my lower lip.

"Urghh..." I throw myself onto my bed finally too tired to pace.

"Whoa what's gotten your panties in a bunch?" A manly voice asks at my room door.

"Matt... I didn't give you the key to my house so you can barge in anytime you want..." I whine without looking at him.

"Uhh... Isn't that like the whole point of giving someone the key to where you live?" I can practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"Remind me to ask it back soon then..." I groan as I feel my bed sinks a little signaling that he's sitting on it.

"What's wrong with you gee..." Matt asks sounding like a schoolgirl.

"Rebecca is what happened to me..." I mumble and frownat the little piece of paper. Matt didn't seem to hear what I said.

'Gee you're just a piece of paper and I'm turned upside down because of you...' I thought to the paper.

Suddenly it's snatched away from my hand.

"Hey!!" I immediately sit up trying to take it back.

"Ooh a phone number!! Whose is it?" Matt asks all giddily.

"Maaatt... You're being like a gossipy high school girl..." I plop myself back down onto my bed.

"Ugh whatever now tell!!" He demands.

"Grr.... You're annoying.... It's Rebecca's...." I answer covering my embarrassed face.

"O M G!!!" He squeals totally being a girl right now.

"What did you text her?! Tell me every little detail!! Oh! Did you call her instead?! TELL MEHH!!"

He is more excited about this than I am.

Groaning I turn my back to him.

"No... I didn't do anything with the number... Yet"

"Why nooot?" He sounds like he's pouting. Seriously?

"Ugh leave it Matt!! Why are you here anyway?" I try changing the subject.

"Oh! Uhm it's nothing... IaskedMiroutbut this is more important!! You have to text Rebecca!!!" He says being unclear at a part of his sentence.

"Repeat that?"

"You have to text Rebecca!!"

"No before that!"

"This is more important?" He asks playing innocent.

"No, before that again?"

"Oh it's nothing?" He still feigns innocence.

"After that?"

"This is more important cass!!" He raises his voice a little.

I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Yeah right... What is it?" I cross my arms.

"Ugh... Fine!! I asked Mir out...." He mumbles.

"You did?!!" I yell.

"Wow geez... Don't be so loud..." He groans plopping himself down onto my bed.

I stay quiet for a second, unsure what to say next.

"Uh... What did she say?"

I pray in my head that Miranda said yes just so I can think of Miranda's confession as a fluke, a mistake of some sorts or just a misunderstanding from my point.

"Well...." Matt inhales deep before sitting up to face me.

"Yeah?" I frown curious to find out the answer.

"She told me she likes you."