Chapter Eleven - Why Don't You Come See Yourself??

Chapter Eleven

“Uh… So… Bye I guess…?” I rub the back of my neck looking everywhere but at Miranda as we’re dropping her off in front of her house.

She’s still glaring at Rebecca who’s waving from inside the car with a small smirk.

She sighs lightly making me look at her.

“You’re so silly for falling asleep that long on the grass.” She smirks mockingly at me.

“Hey! Not my fault… The wind felt nice…” I mumble blushing lightly being embarrassed.

“Well good thing you didn’t catch a cold…” She keeps mocking me lightly making me more embarrassed.

“Ladies, It’s getting quite late… We should probably go soon Cassandra.” Rebecca says after rolling the passenger window down with a slight glare-y smile.

“Well Cassandra can stay if she wants to.” Mir replies with the same kind of smile.

“Oh? But I think Cassandra would want to come home instead wouldn’t you Cassandra?” Becca smirks turning the whole confrontation to me.

Now I’m in trouble.

“Uh… Ah… I should…” I look back and forth at both of the staring (with the glare-y smile) at me feeling like the wrong answer would be the end of my life.

“You should?” Mir presses on for me to answer.

“Uh… Uhm… It’s school day tomorrow… So uh… I should… I should go home… Yeah I should go home… Sorry Mir…” I squeeze my eyes shut afraid of what’s to come after my answer.

“Okay then, bye Cass. See you at school tomorrow.” Mir grumbles lightly, glaring at Becca who’s smirking triumphantly in the car.

“Uh… Y-yeah…. See you…” I back up slowly and jumps into the car before anything bad could happen.

As Becca drives us away from Mir’s house I sigh and shiver lightly feeling relieved that I survived the feud.

Becca laughs lightly hearing me sigh.

“What’s with the sigh?” She smirks while looking forward at the road ahead.

“Uhh…. Nothing…. What’s with the feud you have with Miranda?” I ask carefully.

“Feud? Is that how it seems like?” She laughs more swerving her car slightly.

“Uh… I kind of thought… I was in the middle of a… Uhm… Cat-fight..?” I wince remembering the glares I got even though I did nothing.

Becca laughs louder as she grips the steering wheel slightly tighter.