Chapter Nineteen pt. 2 - I'm Sorry

I stand there looking at the two woman in front of me not knowing what to do.

They've ended up seeing each other right at the time when they really shouldn't.

"Cass?" Miranda calls out my name questioningly with a certain calmness to it that scares me.

Then Rebecca turns to look at me with some sort of look in her eyes that I can't explain.

I didn't know what to say so I answer with the easiest thing I could muster up.

"Y-yeah?"

Lame!

I know!!

Immediately Rebecca scoffs at me.

"Oh so I guess she's the one huh." She says, her tone ice cold as she turns 180 degrees and starts walking out.

I stared for a second just wondering how this woman could heat up my insides even when she spoke with such a cold tone.

I must be going crazy.

Yeah, crazy for my teacher Rebecca Richards that is.

Who's walking out my door right now.

Oh shit I totally forgot.

"Rebecca wait!"

I start to jog after her when suddenly a pair of hands grab onto my arm.

"Cass! Where are you going?!"

I look down at my arm and up at Miranda's face.

She has a look on her face.

Fear, hope, and also something else.... I can't pinpoint it... Love? Desperation? Hate? Hurt? I don't understand... The look in her eyes could almost be identified as all of those emotions yet it wouldn't fit quite right as well.

Suddenly I start to feel a little dizzy and wobble a little.

So I let her pull me back inside my house and sit me down on a stool at the kitchen counter.

"Where do you keep your glasses?" She asks carefully.

I point weakly to an overhead cabinet above the counter.

She takes one out and fills it with water.

"Drink..."

I take the glass just staring at it.

"Cass..."

"I'm sorry..." I whisper cutting her off.

She immediately has a small frown or her face but she tries to hide it with a forced smile.

"What are you sorry for Cass?" She says softly as she lets her hand tangles slightly in my hair.

I sigh, feeling her gentle caress, savoring it almost.

I take her hand from my hair and give it a light squeeze.

She takes my hand and kisses my knuckles gently.

"Cass..." She whispers against it.

I couldn't reply to her. I just couldn't.

Suddenly she pulls me and crashes her body against mine.

Her head, her face buried on my shoulder.

"For one night... Can't you feel for me just for one single night?" Miranda whispers weakly.

"I..."

I was cut off when her lips press against mine.

I was shocked.

I never expected her to kiss me.

So being the shocked fool I am, I just stand there and let her kiss me.

Not responding, but not pushing her away either.

Slowly her hand starts to roam my body.

She keeps kissing me as her hand tugs at the hem of my shirt.

I surrendered myself.

I felt numb.

My mind flashes back to old memories that I never wanted to remember and it froze me up.

I stood there letting her feel me up and even let her tug my shirt off.

I shiver slightly as I feel her cold fingers on my skin.

Miranda starts kissing up my neck to my ear and whisper to me.

"Cassandra..."

'Cassandra...' My mind snaps to her voice. The way she always say it so different from the way others would say it. How my name sounds exciting, sounds sexy, and somehow beautiful when it came out of her lips and not others.

"Cassandra..." Miranda whispers once again tugging at my shorts.

Her face flashes into my mind and I push Miranda away.

I'm gasping, coughing a little.

I never realized that I was holding my breath the whole time and I don't know how I could hold it for that long.

I immediately scramble around for my shirt, putting it back on and fix myself.

"I'm sorry Miranda..." I tell her this time feeling more determined, looking straight into her eyes.

I watch as hurt flicker in them feeling myself hold my breath.

"I know..." She whispers weakly.

She stares at me for a second before sighing.

"I know..." She takes a step backwards and let herself sit onto the stool next to me covering her face.

I touch her hand lightly and she moves them, giving me a small sad smile.

"I'm so sorry..." She whispers.

I couldn't find a word for her so I just shake my head.

We sit in silence for a while, just thinking to ourselves.

"I should leave..." She suddenly whispers.

I shake my head.

"You can stay..." I whisper as well.

I feel like the worst person ever for thinking about Rebecca still in the back of my mind while I'm breaking her heart.

"You should call her... Or go see her..." Miranda says again this time not even bothering to hide the pain in her voice.

"Miranda... I..."

I didn't know what to say to her.

She's taking this whole thing so calmly, so easily.

She isn't acting the way I thought she would.

All trashy and angry.

She's actually being accepting and vulnerable about this and somehow that makes it harder instead.

She smiles at me lightly and gets up from the chair walking towards the door.

I say nothing and just watch her as she takes the door handle.

The last words I hear her say before she left were;

"I hope you'll be happy Cass... But when you're not, I'll be there waiting for you..."

Then the door slams close leaving me sitting there in silence, staring at it.

00000

Yes yes it is still as short as ever I guess, but it is after all a part 2... Anyway that gets out the Miranda problem away!! Or does it? *evil smirk*

If there's anyone who likes Miranda at all, well she's not gone yet people. She'll come back soon.

Well I hope you guys like the update! Maybe you can comment and tell me what you think should have happened or what you think would happen next?