Chapter Ten - IT'S MIRANDA

Chapter Ten

“Wake up sleepy head…” I heard a faint chuckle making me stir from my sleep.

“Go away…” I moan sleepily and turns my back to the direction of the chuckle.

The chuckle sounds so familiar.

I start blinking trying to get my eyes used to the darkness.

“Wha-…” I bolt up right away realizing that it’s really late.

A hearty laugh makes me snap my head to my left side.

“You’ve finally woken up sleepy head…” Miranda shakes her head smirking at me.

“Mir? Why are you here?” I frown at her rubbing the sleep off my eyes.

She just shrugs and keeps staring at me.

“Why are you staring at me??” I frown at her again.

“Come on let’s go home…” She smiles lightly and helps me up on my feet.

“What are you girls still doing here?” The familiar voice reaches my ear causing my head to snap in the direction.

“U-u-uhm… Re - Ms. Richards… W-we uhh…” I stutter not knowing what to tell her.

“I don’t think it should matter to you Ms?” Mir steps up and pulls me forward with her making me look at her in disbelief.

“Oh but I believe it should since you’re both my students and I should be worried when my students are hanging at school this late…” She half-glares at Mir.

“Uhh…” I raise my voice trying to clear up the air.

“What Cassandra?!” They both suddenly yell at me shocking me before they glare at each other.

“Uhh…” I cower a little looking at both of them.

“I think we should probably go home?” I tell them sounding unsure.

Rebecca immediately straighten herself and clears her throat.

“Yes, I’ll take you girls home come on…” She smiles at me lightly.

“Uh no… We’re perfectly fine by ourselves.” Mir Glares harder at her.

“Oh I don’t think so… I’m your teacher so I’m gonna have to make sure you guys get home safely now…” Rebecca smirks at Mir.

“Ooookaaay…. Let’s just go…” I walk forward not realizing Mir is still holding my hand.

I see Rebecca’s eyes looking at our joined hands and she glares harder at Mir.

Mir smirks at her before pulling my hand and walking forward with me.

“Oh sure… Let’s go now…” She smiles sweetly at me before giving a winning smile at our glaring teacher.

“Hurry.” Rebecca huffs and walks briskly to the parking lot.

I’m just confused following both of them with Mir pulling me forward.

“Now Cassandra would you mind sitting in the front with me? I wouldn’t want to look like your chaperone or something…” Rebecca gives a fake chuckle while kind of glaring at me and Mir but at the same time smirking at Mir a little.

“Uhh… Sure…?” I shake Mir’s hand off but she wouldn’t let go.

“Mir?” I frown a little at her making her finally let go of my hand.

She huffs and gets into the back of the car.

I get inside and immediately feel the fire between the two of them causing me to stiffen in the chair.

The whole car ride, we’re all being awkwardly silent until Rebecca talks first.

“So where do you live uhm… Manda?” She asks Mir mistaking her name.

“It’s MIRANDA and you can drop me off at Cass’ house.” Mir huffs at the back seat glaring holes at Rebecca’s head.

“Oh no no no… I can drive you home then I’ll drive Cassandra home… Now tell me where your house is.” Rebecca replies in the ‘you can’t fight me on this’ tone.

Miranda glares harder at her and then tells her where she lives grudgingly.

“Okay, let’s drive Manda home and I’ll drive you Cass…” Rebecca smiles at me.

“IT’S MIRANDA and look at the road.” Mir grunts at the back.

I could only stay silent not wanting to be caught up in the two woman’s problem.

I don’t even know what their problem with each other is.

“Oops sorry…” Rebecca says smirking at Mir through the rearview mirror.

I sigh but stiffen even more when I feel like Mir is glaring at me too now.

Man… What did I even do?!