Chapter 21

Ricky had invited Ashton over to his place to hang out and play basketball with Seth, Jack, and Alec. It didn't strike Ashton as odd, considering they did this type of thing every once in awhile, but he sort of felt awkward since he hasn't hung out with them in a while. He would've taken James with him, but he had left with Clare to go furniture shopping for his new apartment, so he was going Han Solo. 

He pulled into Ricky's long driveway, faded memories of the party replaying in his mind. He saw his friends' expensive cars and parked behind Jack's. He wanted to rear end his expensive BMW, but he willed himself not to. The only thing that Ashton was extremely mad about with the whole Jack-and-Sierra situation was the fact that Jack went behind Ashton's back like he did. That he thought that little of Ashton to betray him. 

He got out of his vehicle and casually walked up to Ricky's door, letting himself in like he usually did. He heard his friends - and Jack's - voice coming from what sounded like the kitchen. He made his way through the otherwise empty home and saw three of the four boys sitting at the counter and Ricky making what looked to be one of his mum's "virgin" water spritzers. 

"Hey, guys," Ashton said with a small smile, feeling different than he usually did around them. 

"Oh, hey, Ashton. Want a white grape flavored water spritzer?" Ricky asked. "My parents hid the liquor key again, so I promise that it's nonalcoholic." 

"Nah, I'm good. I had some Voss in the car," Ashton lied. To be honest, he didn't really like the taste of the water spritzers. They made his mouth feel dry. 

"Well, are you going to stand there like an awkward boner or are you going to take a seat?" Ricky asked with a smirk. 

Ashton responded with a shy chuckle and went over next to Seth and took a seat. It was a bit odd that Alec and Seth hadn't said hello to him since they usually were overly happy to see him. He didn't expect Jack to because, well, Jack was an asshole and he knew it. 

It was awkwardly quiet as Ricky finished making the water spritzers and passed them out to the three other boys. Ashton started to feel uncomfortable because there was never a quiet moment when they were all together. It was actually starting to freak him out a little bit. He had gathered that they were talking before he came in, so he was starting to worry that he did something to make them all (minus Ricky) give him the cold shoulder. 

"Is everything okay? You guys are too quiet," Ashton asked nonchalantly. 

"Everything is dandy," Ricky answered, taking a sip of his drink. By the look on his face, Ashton knew that he wasn't saying something. 

"I'm sorry I was late. The traffic was insane. I hope you guys didn't wait on me to start playing," Ashton said, trying so hard to create conversation between the five of them, but was failing since the only one that was willing to talk to him was Ricky. 

"Oh, actually, we weren't going to even play basketball today," Ricky said, setting down the glass and crossed his arms. 

Ashton furrowed his brow, confused because Ricky had literally sent the text twenty minutes ago. "What are we doing then?" 

"Ashton, we needed you here because we are having, erm, a meeting of sorts," Ricky said. "A brotherhood meeting is what it is." 

"Um, okay? If it's about Jack and Sierra, I don't really care about that. I just care that Jack-" 

"It has nothing to do with Sierra and Jack. It has to do with you," Ricky said sternly. 

Ashton felt himself go nervous. He didn't know what was going on or what a brotherhood meeting necessarily was since they had never had them before. He felt like his four friends were actually ganging up on him. 

"What do you mean? If I did or said anything to any of you, I'm sorr-" 

"Ashton, you are going to listen to what I have to say and you are not going to interrupt me. You can comment when everything is all said and done," Ricky instructed. Ashton slumped on the barstool, nervous yet eager to hear what was about to be said. "All of the boys and I have noticed that you haven't been with us lately. You've been very distant and haven't been speaking to us since the party. In fact, a few lads from the team noticed that you've been hanging out with that loser Clifton guy when you had said you couldn't hang out with us because you had plans with your aunt or some lame shit. Not only that, you were also ditching us for that nerd that you made out with at my party - which I didn't invite him to. And it's very obvious that you're all emo and butthurt about Sierra cheating on you, which is, for lack of a better word, gay. 

"Since you are apart of our popular friend group, your behavior is completely unacceptable. Therefore, the four of us have come to conclusion that you're no longer apart of our group, even if you're on the team. You are not allowed to talk to us, come to our parties uninvited, or be seen hanging out with us. Since you're acting emo about Sierra, your suspension on dating popular girls has been extended to four months. 

"You can be mad at us all you want, but it's your behavior that got you here. Please delete our numbers, remove all photos and posts including us, except team related, from social media, and also tell any of your relatives that we had had contact with that they are also banned from seeing us and to remove anything that is posted about us from social media and to lose our phone numbers. Any questions?" 

Ashton just stared at Ricky in shock. Since when did their friendships turn into an exclusive club? He didn't know that he could be banned from a friendship for going through something. It was absolute bullshit in his opinion. 

"Seriously, any questions? This is the last time you will ever be able to ask them to us," Ricky asked again. 

"Since when did our friendship become like a fucking sorority? We're not girls, for one. And two, I should be allowed to feel how I want and be seen with whoever I want. It doesn't affect you, so what does it matter?" Ashton said, obviously a bit of bite in his tone. 

"You're right. It doesn't matter to any of us anymore. We're not going to let you ruin our reputations by hanging out with losers and acting like an emo about a stupid girl that is actually a slut. No offense, Jack," Ricky answered. "So, if you're done, please get the hell out of my house because you're starting to make my stomach churn." 

Ashton's eyes brimmed with tears, not even knowing who Ricky was anymore. He knew that he could be a dick, but not like this. He had been best friends with these boys for years and it really hurt him. They were banning him from talking to anybody and everybody that he was friends with and that wasn't even fair. 

Without saying goodbye to any of them, he stormed out of the room flipping them all off and grumbling 'fuck you'. He slammed the front door, not giving two shits if it would fall off of the hinges. He got into his car, punching the steering wheel as he tried to will the tears from falling. 

He knew that he shouldn't drive being as angry as he was, but he wanted to get as far away from these assholes as he could. He was completely friendless now, minus Michael and maybe Luke. All he wanted was for his life to go back to the way it was before the fucking party. He would've been oblivious to Sierra and Jack, he would've been friends with his now ex-friends yet, he would still be the most popular guy in school.

As Ashton sped down the road towards his house, he realized that he didn't want to go home to his mum. He loved her and all, but she wouldn't understand. So instead, he went straight at the lights and headed towards the one place he could relax and wasn't banned from yet. 

---- 

Jesus, I got so into this chapter, I am actually pissed at Ricky, Seth, Alec, and Jack. XD 

I NOW HAVE AN AO3! I'm still trying to figure it out, but I'm going to be putting my completed stories on it and then maybe some cute bromance one shots. :) So far, I only have the first few chapters of I'm Just the Drummer on it, but I'm getting there! :D 

But follow or subscribe or whatever to it: @xdistorted_cliffordx 

Have a lovely day!