Chapter 14

It had been about a week since Luke had talked to Ashton and tried to tell him that he was gay. And ever since then, Ashton had been angry and pretty closed off. It was a Tuesday and he had even skipped the party he was supposed to go to on Saturday. He has never skipped a party in his entire partying life. But just today, he had realized that maybe Luke had a point. He thought that it would maybe be a good idea to listen to him and hear him out. But at the same time, Ashton was positive that Luke was wrong about him being gay. He was probably just mad about Luke trying to give him that label just because he kissed him and probably wanted to get with him. But he was so torn, he didn't know what side he should believe. He felt like he was split right down the middle.

Ashton plopped on the couch, hitting play so he could watch Get Hard on Netflix. It may have been a newer movie and he may idolize Will Ferrell, but despite all of that, it was one of his favorite movies. Kevin Hart and Will Ferrell made the best comedy team. He loved the movie so much, this was his eighth time in the past two weeks to watch it. He also just needed a good laugh.

Just as he bursted out laughing at one of the funniest parts, there was a loud rapping on the front door. Huffing, Ashton hit pause on the movie and got up from his cozy spot on the couch. He dragged his feet going to the door and didn't even bother looking through the peep hole, which he regretted doing the minute he opened the door.

"If you dare slam this door in my face, I'm going to kick your ass so damn far, you'll be in New York City," Michael threatened.

Ashton just rolled his eyes. "What the hell do you want?"

"You and I need to have a chat," he said sternly.

"Did Luke send you?" Ashton asked, rolling his eyes.

"No. Luke has no idea I'm even here," Michael told him. "But that doesn't matter. You're going to shut your damn mouth and you're going to listen to me."

Ashton would've usually just smarted off or ignored him, but Michael actually looked intimidating when he had said that and Ashton was scared that if he didn't do it, the boy would beat him to a pulp. Without any words spoken, Ashton opened the door farther to let the black haired boy in. Thankfully, nobody in his family was home, meaning they wouldn't question why or who Michael was.

"Have a seat wherever you want," Ashton said, gesturing to the furniture.

Michael sat in one of the chairs and Ashton sat where he had been sitting before Michael came. He wanted so badly to just turn the movie on and forget that Michael was even there, but the goodness in him knew that it was rude, even if he didn't much care for Michael.

"Okay. Let's get this over with. What do you want?" Ashton asked.

"You're gay," Michael blurted.

Ashton felt his blood begin to boil. He wasn't going to go through this again. "Excuse me?"

"You, Ashton Irwin, are as gay as Tyler Oakley," Michael said.

Ashton quirked his eyebrow, not knowing who Tyler Oakley even was. "Who?"

"He's a Youtuber that's very flamboyant," Michael explained.

"So, you are accusing me of being flamboyantly gay when I'm the exact opposite? Do I look gay to you? I'm straight, dammit!" Ashton yelled.

"Go ahead. Sit here and give me every reason that you think you're straight. I've got time," Michael shrugged, which made Ashton even angrier.

"My girlfriend cheated on me and I can't move on from her, I have no interest in boys, I want Sierra back. What more do I need to fucking say to tell you that I'm not gay?!" Ashton yelled angrily.

"You're in denial, Ashton. I'm not accusing you of being gay, I'm helping you realize it," Michael said to him in a calming tone.

"I'm not in denial of anything, jackass. I don't need realizing of anything. I am not gay, bisexual, or whatever else kinds of sexuals there are!" Ashton yelled.

"Ashton, calm down. If you weren't, you wouldn't be getting this defensive over it," Michael pointed out. Ashton shut up after that, figuring that Michael would try to catch him with anything he said and however he said it.

"How do you know?" Ashton asked after a minute, his voice quiet.

"You've been angry and haven't been with your friends since the party, you kissed Luke again, and you're defensive," Michael told him.

Ashton didn't know what to say. Michael was right; he hadn't really talked to any of his friends or teammates. He hasn't really talked to anyone for that matter. And he did kiss Luke, but it was to prove that he didn't feel anything for him. He was also only defensive because he didn't like people telling him what he was.

Ashton told Michael all of this, and Michael listened closely, which made Ashton feel a little more comfortable when saying it. Ashton didn't know what to believe, whether he was gay or straight or bisexual. Michael was making some valid points, and even though he knew Luke most likely said the same thing, Michael was good at keeping Ashton calm. Ashton actually wanted to listen to Michael, whereas Luke, he didn't want to listen to him because Luke had accused him straightaway of being something other than straight instead of making points like Michael did.

"So, Luke told me about when you had kissed him the second time. And we both had asked the same question. How would he be able to feel if you didn't feel anything?" Michael asked.

"I don't know. I didn't kiss him passionately, so I figured he would be able to feel that," Ashton answered, knowing it was kind of a stretch.

"Ashton, when anyone surprises someone with a kiss, the last thing they're thinking is if they meant to do it or not. And you obviously did and that sent Luke mixed signals," Michael told him.

"Are you trying to say that Luke has a crush on me? Because the feeling isn't mutual. I think I've made it very clear to him that I don't like him in the least," Ashton told Michael, not wanting anything to do with Luke. He hated the boy and it was that simple.

"No, I'm not saying that at all. Luke was of the thinking that you were straight and hated his guts, but then you go and kiss him like that and it got him confused as to if you did have a closet crush on him and if you were actually gay. You know what I'm saying?" Michael explained.

Ashton stayed quiet, his mind reeling. There was a part of him saying that Michael and Luke had been right all along with saying that he was gay or bi. And the other part of him was screaming how wrong that is and how unbelievable it was. He had been with Sierra, he had actually felt love for her and she was a girl. But Luke was a boy and he had actually enjoyed kissing him. Yes, he may have been very much under the influence, but he remembered kissing him. He remembered that he liked the feel of it. It was different than a girl's lips and he liked it.

"Ashton, it's okay to cry. I know that it's an overwhelming thing," Michael told him, his voice soft.

Ashton then looked at him, realizing that he was actually crying. He didn't say anything and just got up from his spot on the couch, going into the bathroom to clean himself up and not look like a wuss for crying. He couldn't lose his manliness anymore than he had already.

He urged himself to look in the mirror, looking into his own red and puffy eyes. On the walk in here, he had been asking himself why he was crying if there was no reason to. But now he knew his answer.

----