Chapter 6

Ashton, you little party animal! Btw, that's what he will be doing at the end of the chapter.

Luke and Michael finally walked into Ricky's very full house after twenty minutes of that brat trying to keep them out of the party because they weren't "regulars". It kind of pissed Luke off because he just wanted to go through this party as painlessly as he could.

"I don't know where the hell to go, Luke," Michael shouted to Luke, who just shrugged.

The two made their way onto the back patio where the people were more spread out. It was amazing to both of them how many people were actually there. They didn't think that many people went to their school. They pushed past the already tipsy and touchy couples, trying to find where they could go and not feel claustrophobic.

"Is this everything you've ever dreamed of?" Luke asked his best friend.

"When I can find where to get a nice glass of ice water, then it will be the best party I have ever been to," Michael answered, looking around at the crowded property.

"Michael, this is the only party you've been to," Luke pointed it out.

"Exactly. That's why it's in the top three," he replied, earning an eyeroll from Luke. "Seriously, do I have to strip in order to get a glass of water around here?"

"Maybe if you go into where the kitchen is, you'll get your wish without having to do your job," Luke said sarcastically, in which Michael returned with an unamused face. "What? Don't give me that face."

"Just lead the way," Michael told him, giving his shoulder a small shove.

The two went back into the crowded house and pushed their way through their classmates. When they had finally found the entrance to the kitchen, they were surprised when it wasn't crowded with people. The only bunch that was in there was Ricky, Seth Zander, Alec Champyn, Ashton, and some blonde that neither of the two boys have seen before.

"Michael! You made it! And you brought..." Ricky said happily when he saw the two of them. His friends looked at the two less popular boys, somewhat judgmentally.

"Luke," Luke told Ricky, not expecting Ricky to remember him.

"I heard you boys had some trouble with my little traffic boy out there. He was just trying to see if I would pay him more," Ricky said, laughing. He already sounded drunk. "You guys look like you could use a drink. What do ya want? We got beer and I'm sure Seth would make you a fancy drink with some of the hard liquor."

"Don't bother asking Luke. He's a prude," Ashton scoffed, a series of 'oohs' coming from the other boys.

"I prefer the term smart, but you probably don't know what that word means since you're failing English," Luke spat. Another series of 'oohs' filled the kitchen.

Ashton's eyes filled with hate as he glared at Luke. "At least I have a life and don't spend it watching Netflix."

"I don't use girls for sex," Luke said, smirking at Ashton and crossed his arms.

Ashton glared at Luke and if looks could kill, Luke would be dead. "That's because you're a faggot."

The room was now quiet and there was so much tension between Luke and Ashton. Luke was insulted by what Ashton had said, but he wasn't going to let that ruin his insult game. "It takes one to know one."

The kitchen was now erupting with the other boys whooping and clearly enjoying the two hating each other. Ashton was literally fuming and would have smoke coming out of his ears if he could. He was so close to going over and beating Luke that James had to nonchalantly hold him back.

Luke was pretty proud of himself for making the supposed king of the school this pissed off. He couldn't help but smile about it. He never thought that he would get the opportunity to make Ashton Irwin fume. It was as if Luke's life goal had been achieved.

"You're a motherfucker, Luke," Ashton hissed, poking my chest as he stormed out of the kitchen.

Luke just smiled, satisfied at his insult war victory.

----

Ashton and James were in the backyard, the two enjoying a drink under one of the cabana tents. Ashton was still fuming mad about Luke and it didn't help that he was already angry about seeing Sierra trying to grind up on Jack, who was trying to keep her off because he had seen Ashton and he knew that Seth had told him about Sierra cheating.

To be frank, Ashton just wasn't himself tonight. Usually, he was the life of the party. He helped make the parties wild and crazy. But tonight, he was more like the death of the party. It wasn't the wild and crazy Ricky party that it usually was. At least, not yet.

"Ash, why are you letting that kid get to you? Loosen up," James asked his cousin. He could see the red in Ashton's eyes. He had seen Ashton's friend and Sierra dancing, but he thought that a few drinks would help Ashton forget about it, but now he's fuming about that kid.

"I'm not," Ashton answered.

"You are. Don't let him piss you off because he's not worth it, I promise. Now, where's the party animal Ashton?" James said with a smile, giving Ashton a playful shove on the shoulder.

"He's not really in the mood," Ashton answered, taking another sip of his beer. "I'm sorry that this isn't the wild and crazy Ricky party that I promised you."

"Eh, the night is still young," James offered, but saw that Ashton really wasn't the happy go-lucky kid that he was used to. "Well, let's go get some more beer and get that Ashton in the mood, yeah?"

Just as he had said that, Sierra came out of the house, completely drunk, and hanging on some guy. She looked over at Ashton, no remorse as she started to kiss all over the random guy. James looked down at Ashton, now seeing a heartbroken guy instead of angry.

"Alright, maybe we'll need a lot of something a hell of a lot stronger than beer."

----

I wanted to make the next chapter the one where Party Ashton comes out, so that's why this one is so short. :)

Happy 4th of July for those who celebrate!

Also check out my 2 new stories The Cabin and Announcements & Chats :)