Chapter 20

"Whaaaaaat?" James moaned after Ashton shook him awake.

Ashton huffed, not wanting to deal with him. "What are you doing in my house?"

"Sleeping obviously. Now shoo, you peasant," James said, burying his face back into the pillow.

Ashton heard Luke trying not to laugh behind him and Ashton just rolled his eyes, not finding this at all amusing. He invited Luke to hangout with him, just him. Not have to babysit his grown cousin.

It kind of confused Ashton with all these negative thoughts about James, the cousin that was best friend and his brother. He wouldn't normally think about him like this and he wouldn't be bothered if James hung out with him and a friend. But now, he just wanted to personally kick the kid out of the fucking window.

"I'm not going to shoo, King Asshole. I want to know why the hell you're sleeping in my guest room. I have a friend over and I don't want his precious ears to be damaged by your snoring," Ashton told him.

"I smell a bitch," James snorted, sitting up and squinting as his eyes adjusted to the light.

"I'm not a bitch. You're just lucky that you aren't Jack or else you would be laying on the top of my air conditioner unit because I pushed your ass out the window," Ashton snapped.

"You have a point. Now, tell me, who is this lad standing behind you?" the older boy asked, nodding towards Luke.

"Hi, I'm Luke," Luke introduced, giving him a closed mouth smile and a small wave.

"Hello, Luke. I'm James, Ashton's favorite cousin in the world," the blonde introduced back, earning a dramatic eyeroll from Ashton. "How come Ash hasn't brought you around before?"

"Well, um, we're not really friends, I guess?" Luke squeaked.

"What do you mean? Are you like partners for a project or...?" James asked, confused.

"No. I mean, we were, but we're not really friends, but we are? It's hard to explain. I think we're giving the friendship thing a try? I don't know. We actually wanted to rip each other's heads off a few days ago," Ashton told him.

James just stared blankly at the two. "You young kids and your fucked up logic."

"Hey, you're not that much older than us and you have some pretty rank logic, so shut up," Ashton told him.

"Whatever you say," James said, putting his hands up in surrender. "So, what do you kids plan on doing?"

"I don't know. We have junk food so we'll probably play video games or something," Ashton told him, glancing at me.

"Sounds like a good time," James said and Ashton knew that he was hinting that he wanted to join them. "Mind if I join you?"

Ashton looked to Luke, nonchalantly raising his eyebrows and chewed his bottom lip as if to say I-told-you-so. Luke just nodded, not minding that James would be hanging out with them.

----

"Do you have FIFA?" Luke asked, sort of tired of the zombie game they were playing.

"Ew, no," Ashton said, shooting a zombie.

"What? Ew?" Luke questioned. "What is the matter with you?"

"I know. I ask him that every time. Believe me, Luke, I've tried to convert him to being a FIFA fan, but he just refuses," James piped up. "That's where I failed in raising him."

"I just hate FIFA. It's boring and stupid," Ashton shrugged.

"You're boring and stupid," Luke mumbled.

"Thank you. That's what I'm best at," Ashton joked.

The three went quiet again, focused on the game. Luke actually thought that James was pretty cool and didn't see why Ashton didn't want him to hang out with them. Yeah, he wouldn't have minded if it were just him and Ashton, but James wasn't an asshole, so it was okay in his opinion. And just watching the two interact was funny because they were so sarcastic towards each other.

Suddenly, Luke's phone started ringing and he figured that it was mum wondering where he was at since it was nearly 6:30. He also forgot to tell her that he was going to be home later, so she was probably ready to send the FBI and SWAT teams out after him.

"Hello, mother," Luke answered. Ashton and James looked at him in confusion and then saw that he was on the phone.

"Luke Robert Hemmings, where the hell are you?" Liz demanded.

"I'm over at a friend's house. I forgot to text you and tell you that I would be running late. I'm sorry, mum," Luke apologized, knowing that she wouldn't be too mad at him since he apologized and was honest with her.

"Thank you for telling me now that I called in a missing person's report. Anyway, I want you home in at least twenty minutes, okay? Dinner's almost ready," she told him.

"Alright, I'll see you then, mum."

Luke hung up the phone and then Ashton looked back at him. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah. Can you bring me back to the school to get my car? My mum wants me home for dinner," Luke told him, sort of feeling like a mumma's boy, which he was.

"Sure thing," Ashton said, hitting pause on the game. "Would you like to come with us, James?"

"If you want me to," James shrugged.

The three boys got up and made their way downstairs, seeing that they still had the house to themselves. Luke nonchalantly called shotgun and James whined slightly, but Ashton told him to shut up. Sadly, the ride to the school was short and that meant that the Luke's time with Ashton and James would come to an end. He really enjoyed hanging out with the two. He had fun.

When they got to the school, Luke's shitty car was the only vehicle that was occupying the lot, actually making the usually pristine and kept up property look ugly. That's how bad Delilah (his car's name) looked, but it ran, so he didn't mind.

Ashton pulled up next to it and unlocked the doors, smiling at the blonde next to him. "Well, here you are."

"It was fun. Lovely meeting you, James. Hopefully, we'll see each other again sometime," Luke said to James.

"Yeah, same to you, Luke. You're pretty chill, mate," James said with a smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" Luke said to Ashton.

"Yep. Have a nice dinner," Ashton said with a small smile.

----

Sorry about the screwy update schedule! I had a wedding yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to do anything because I was tired by the time I got home and passed out. Hopefully next week will be back to normal!

Anywayyyyyy, blossoming of Lashton here maybe? ;)

There's not a whole bunch of chapters left. About ten, maybe? and then the epilogue. :)

BTW, do you guys want me to do a Character Ask?