Chapter 15

Ugh, I'm sorry if this chapter is bad. It's kind of a filler.

----

Luke was casually eating his lunch as he worked in the library. It wasn't usual for him to be in there during lunch, but Michael had said he needed to make up a test and that meant that Luke would be alone, which he didn't really want. Plus, he figured that he would do his good deed for the day and help the librarians put away books and such.

"Why did I figure that you would be in here of all places in this school?"

Luke looked up to see Michael walking towards him. It confused Luke for a second since he didn't expect Michael to finish his test that fast. Especially since it was an English test and Michael was terrible at English.

"Because you know me better than you know yourself," Luke answered. "What are you doing here?"

"I was looking for you because I didn't want to be the loser who didn't have any friends in the cafeteria," Michael told him. Valid point.

"I see. How did the test go?" Luke asked, stabbing the green beans with his fork.

"It went pretty good, actually. I have a good feeling that I passed this one," Michael answered.

Luke couldn't help but give his best friend a proud smile. Michael wasn't very good in school and when he felt like he passed something or did pass something, it was a big deal to him. It didn't happen very often and it always made Michael happy, so it made Luke happy because he knew that Michael was really trying to get his grades to be decent.

"Good! I hope you do pass," Luke told him, causing the black haired boy to smile.

The bell rang, signaling that lunch was over. Michael and Luke got up, quickly walking out to the cafeteria to dump Luke's tray. They had about ten minutes for passing time to get to their next class, but the library wasn't very close to the cafeteria and they had to go back up to their lockers to get the correct books.

After they dumped the tray and were in their locker hallway, the crowd was pretty much cleared out. It was a normal walk and the usual get-the-hell-out-of-my-ways until the two boys passed by Ashton. It usually would've been a death glare towards Luke, but this time it was a smile. A smile. Ashton Irwin never smiled at Luke. He hated Luke, especially since Ricky's party. And to put a cherry on top of the dessert, it was a sad smile. What the hell was he shooting a sad smile at Luke for?!

Luke hit Michael's shoulder. "Did you see that?!"

"Ouch. What?" Michael asked, rubbing the spot that Luke had hit him.

"Why the hell is Ashton smiling at me?" Luke asked frantically.

"Maybe he was just being nice? People do that, you know. Not everyone likes to be mean and hit people," Michael said, narrowing his eyes when he said the last part.

"But Ashton hates me," Luke pointed out.

"Luke, why are you getting all up in arms about this? You sound like a girl. You're probably making something out of nothing. It was just a smile," Michael told him.

Luke processed what he said, realizing that he had acted like a girl. It was just a smile anyway. Maybe he felt bad for being such an ass for Luke and wanted to make amends or something. Either way, Luke was making a mountain out of a molehill.

"Yeah, you're right. I don't know. I guess I'm just tired," Luke told him, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Or you like him," Michael said with a smirk.