Chapter 11

Dedicated to @YaSowhat for all your wonderful comments on all my stories that you've read! A lot of those made me laugh :)

This gif is just hot af <3

Luke stood in shock as he watched Ashton storm off in the pouring rain. Again, Ashton had kissed him and again, Luke hadn't thought it was disgusting at all. He was actually somewhat happy that it happened again. But it confused him because he didn't understand why Ashton had done it in the first place. It's not like he asked him to do it to prove anything. He just went for it.

It still left Luke confused on his own sexuality though. He was straight and didn't want to kiss other boys, but when it came to Ashton, he didn't mind kissing him and wouldn't complain if he did. He had so many questions, but didn't know the answers to any of it, obviously. He didn't want to talk to any of his family about it because he didn't know if they would be accepting of it or if they would find it in themselves to listen to him because they would be too busy trying to convince him how wrong it was if they turned out to be homophobic.

Shaking himself out of his thoughts, he hurried through the pouring rain to his car, figuring that the only person he could talk to and not be judged would be Michael. He got into his junker, not caring that he was getting his seat soaked because it was whatever. It wasn't like he could ruin it anymore than it already was.

----

"Luke, holy shit, did you walk here or something?" Michael asked, gaping at his sopping wet best friend.

"That's what I came here to explain to you," Luke told him, wishing that Michael would just let him into the house so he wouldn't freeze to death on his porch.

"What? That you're soaking wet, because I can see that and you wouldn't have to say anything," Michael sassed.

Luke narrowed his eyes and opened his mouth to say something, but suddenly, Karen showed up behind Michael, cutting Luke off. "Oh my goodness, Luke! You're soaked! Dammit, Michael. Let the poor kid in before he turns into prune!"

Karen slapped Michael on the arm, making the black haired boy rub it because she must've hit the fragile kid that hard. She put her hand on Luke's shoulder and led him into the house, not caring that he was getting the shiny wood floor all wet.

"Michael, go get some clothes for him," Karen commanded her. After he took off to his room, Karen grabbed a folded up blanket and wrapped it around Luke's shoulders. "I don't know how you've put up with him for as long as you have."

"Eh, there's times I want to shove him in front of a bus," Luke chuckled, cuddling his wet body into the dry blanket.

Michael came down the stairs with a pile of clothes in his hands. He went to hand them to Karen, but she slapped his hands away. "I'm not the one who's soaking wet."

He just rolled his eyes, turning and giving Luke the clothes. Luke thanked both of them and went to the bathroom to change. He peeled his wet clothes off, the scene with Ashton playing over and over again in his head. The thing that Luke wondered was why Ashton had felt the need to kiss him again if the boy was claiming that he was straight. And then he was trying to prove that he didn't feel anything with it. How would Luke feel what he was feeling? That's literally impossible. Sure, Luke taunted him a little, but he didn't think that would cause the kid to kiss him.

Once Luke was in the sweatpants and tank top that Michael had given him, he grabbed one of the bath towels that was hanging on the bar and rubbed his now flat and wet hair, causing it to be spiked in every direction and was still damp. He grabbed the wet clothes off the floor, making sure that he wasn't holding them onto the dry shirt, and threw the towel he used on his hair on the floor where they had left a wet spot, wiping it up with his foot. When he was finished, he added the wet towel to his pile of saturated clothes and walked back out into the living room where Karen was sitting on the couch, looking at her iPad.

"Where do you want me to put these?" Luke asked her, referring to the clothes in his hand.

She smiled, putting the iPad down on the end table, standing up and taking the clothes from Luke. "I'll put them in the dryer for you. They should be good between forty minutes and an hour. Michael's in his room, being the wonderful host I raised him to be."

Luke thanked her again and hurried up the stairs into Michael's room so he could talk to him. Michael was sitting in his desk chair, his beats over his ears as he played a videogame on his desktop with his back to Luke. The blonde just rolled his eyes, grabbing one of the pillows from Michael's unmade bed and launched at the back of the boy's head, causing Michael to turn around and glare at him after he was hit.

"The fuck, Hemmings? My guy died because of you," Michael glared, ripping off his headphones.

"It's Sims, dipshit. You can only die if you get in an oven fire," Luke chuckled.

Michael rolled his eyes, pausing the game and putting the headphones on the desk as he turned his chair towards him. "So, what the hell did you show up to my house for?"

"I needed to talk to you about something," Luke told him, biting his lip out of nerves.

"Okay...what?" he asked, looking nervously at his best friend.

"Ashton."

Luke proceeded to tell Michael everything finally, feeling slightly embarrassed, but knew that Michael wasn't judging him about it. He was trying to understand and that's all that Luke could ask for from him. After he was done, Michael sat there, processing the information that Luke had told him. Luke knew that Michael wouldn't have all the answers, if he would have any, but he was only looking for someone to try and help him figure them out, not know the exact answer.

"Well, both of you are either some type of gay, whether it be bi or full-on gay. Hell, you could just be gay for each other," Michael told him. "From what you told me, I didn't see where it was necessary that he had to kiss you after school today."

"So, you're saying that I could be Ashton-sexual?" Luke asked, getting a nod in return. "But how? I can't stand him."

"Love does mysterious things, my young grasshopper," Michael said, trying to act all mysterious and scholar-like. "The only way you are going to get any of this figured out is if you talk to Ashton without fighting with him like you did today. That's the only way you guys are going to find out anything. I think that he is definitely confused and is in deep, deep denial. Along with you, but you're more open minded about it, where he just hates the fact that he could be gay and is trying to talk himself out of it."

----

So, a friend (@Meli5sos_) and I have decided to start a collab book on 5SOS/1D boyxboy one shots! I'm posting the first part after this! :D