Ch.36(pt.2)

*Bree's POV*

The lake that I remember so well was lite up with thousands of Christmas lights and candles all around a canopy. Under the canopy was a blanket over looking the lake and over by the dock, a paddle boat.

"Happy Anniversary babe." Carey said while pulling me in for a long passionate kiss. I was startled at first but then everything came together like puzzle pieces. This was a recap of our first date at one of my most cherished and special places in Colorado.

"Carey this is...this is beautiful." I said right when we pulled away.

"Would you like to accompany me for a ride on my paddle boat." Carey said while taking both of my hands into his.

"I would love too." I said while smiling as we made our down to the dock. "So many drunken swims here." I said while laughing at the memories I shared here with my friends.

"Well I would love to make a new memories with you here." Carey said while helping me into the boat.

"I would love that too." I said with a smile.

*Carey's POV*

After our paddle boat ride, I decided it was almost time.

"Hey let's go take a seat?" I suggested.

"Yea that would be nice to take of these shoes off." She said with her beautiful laugh. I know it's early but I couldn't wait to do this.

"Please keep those shoes on." I joked while she slapped my arm.

"My feet do not smell that bad!" She yelled while laughing and at that moment I knew it was time.

"Brianna Keeley Bishop." I started as she looked over at me. "You are possibly the most beautiful, funny, nice, down to earth, and genuine girl I have ever met. You are the perfect girl that any guy would want and I'm glad I get to call you mine. You are so so strong baby. Heck you are a star in the NHL and in my heart. I was so surprised that you said yes to seeing me. And when you left... I just didn't feel like myself anymore. It was like something was missing. That something was you. Soulmates. That's the word that comes to mind when I think of us." I said and looked over to the tears slipping out of her eyes.

"I'm promising you that I will love you forever. I promise I will protect from anything that comes in our way and most importantly baby. I promise that I will support you 100% with whatever you do. I'm not proposing to you but I'm taking it a step closer." I said while reaching in my pocket and showcasing the ring.

"I promise you that my heart is yours forever." I said. "Will you accept this promise that I'm giving you from the deepest of my heart." I finished.

"Yes Carey. I accept your promise." She said with tears streaming down her beautiful face. I slid the ring onto her ring finger and smiled.

"This is just temporary until you get the bigger thing." I said with a smile. I finally found my girl and I don't plan on losing her anytime soon.

*Bree's POV*

I couldn't believe this. This ring was beautiful. A silver band with a diamond heart in the center. Inside was engraved, my heart is yours. A simple but beautiful quote coming from the man I love. After he slid the ring on to my ring finger, the area was erupted with applauds. As I turn around, everyone from my team, his team, both our families, and friends were standing around us smiling and applauding us. We stood at opposite ends of the circle receiving congratulations from everyone.

"I knew there was something about you when you showed up at the hotel!" PK said while hugging me. Everyone was being so accepting. It felt so nice.

"Yup! I thought I did a great job at pulling that off!" I said while laughing.

"That's why he was so hesitate that morning! When I invited him to breakfast with the team?" Dustin came over and joined us.

"Yup I was in the bathroom!" I finished.

"Okay okay I'm stealing her away from all of you." Carey said while taking me away and bringing me towards the center of the canopy.

"May I have this dance?" He said as Sam Smith's, Stay with Me, rings through this beautiful setting. It's crazy looking back at all I've accomplished in life... I'm playing in the NHL, I've overcome so many obstacles, and best of all, I am finally with the love of my life. Who couldn't ask for a better life? I guess it all worked out in the end...

Our hustle and heart didn't set us apart but instead brought us closer.

*authors note*
This is the end😭 I'll post an epilogue most likely tomorrow to close of this book and then I'll post an authors note explaining the future of their relationship and possibly future books. Thank you so much for all the support.💜