Ch. 32

*Bree's POV*

It's been a week since Carey has met the team and I can tell that the boys approve of him. However, since his conversation with Ben, Carey has been somewhat hesitate. He doesn't hug me, hold my hand, or kiss me as much as he used too. Did Ben scare him? What did he say? Wondering and confused, I decided on texting Ben considering we are leaving for Colorado tonight.

Ben we need to talk.- Bree

I texted and within minutes I got a reply.

Yes?-Ben

What did you say to Carey the other night?-Bree

I asked him and question and then he asked why and I just said something about your past.-Ben

What did you say?-Bree

I told him it wasn't my place to say anything but I would tell him B. He really loves you and deserves to know.-Ben

I'll tell him before we leave tonight.-Bree

Good luck little sis. Love you and I'll see you soon.-Ben

Love you too.-Bree

Turning off my phone I sighed. How was I supposed to tell him when I can't even tell the story without bailing my eyes out. Ben was right... He deserved to know and so I decided I would tell him as soon as he got home from lunch with Steven. I swear he hangs out with them more then I do. However since being home I've spent an equal amount of time with both the girls and my team. Heck I even hung out with some of the Blackhawks. Patrick Kane and Corey Crawford are some pretty great and funny guys. I smiled at the events that just happened last week. One of my best friends got married to the love of her life and became Mrs. Toews. I made new friends and reconnected with old ones. I was so stuck in my thoughts that I didn't even hear Carey walk into the room.

"Wow you look amazing." Carey said while sitting down next to me. I looked down at my leggings and blue shirt (outfit above) and just laughed.

"Thanks babe." I said while leaning over and placing a kiss on his cheek. "Listen, I wanna tell you something." I said unsure of his reaction.

"You can tell me anything babe." He said while turning my way and grabbing both of my hands.

"Alright I wanna tell you about my past.." I said while looking down.

"Babe you don't have too if you aren't ready." He said with a sweet smile.

"No you deserve too know." I said while looking up. "Alright, here goes nothing... You know how I played for Arizona right? Well I was in a relationship with Mike Smith. I thought I loved him and I thought he loved me too but..." I said while looking down trying to stop the tears. "But he didn't. I was his toy and he...he would hit me. He was both physically and verbally abusive. I...I thought he loved me Carey. Now whenever we play Arizona I'm so scared. I'm so scared he'll find me and take me." I said while continuously crying and shaking.

"Hey ssh ssh." Carey said while taking me into his arms. "I won't let him touch you.. I promise." He said while kissing the top of my head.

"Carey I'm so happy... I was in such a dark place.." I said while shaking some more.

"Baby you make me so happy. I love you so so much." Carey said, colliding his lips with mine. "I love you so much." He mumbled against my lips.

"I love you so so much." I said while pulling away smiling... I love him so so much.

*Authors note*
OMFG I love them!!!!💜💜💜💜💜💜