Ch.8

*Brianna's POV*
I just bumped into Carey Price... Out of all people, I bump into him! My thoughts were interrupted when I heard him speak...
"Omg, I am so sorry! I should have been watching were I was going." Carey said all too quickly.
"Oh, it's okay really! But I should be going. Sorry about that." I said, wanting to leave this situation.
"Wait! I know you. Your Brianna Bishop, right?" Carey said finally realizing who I was...
"Uh yea, I am... And your Carey Price. Nice to meet you!" I said.
"Nice to meet you too! Well I wish I could stay and chat but I have a practice to get too. I'll see you on the ice." Carey said while winking.
Carey Price just winked at me. The Carey Price just winked at me. I hate to say, but I was a little starstruck... I quickly walked to my car, still trying to process what had just happened. I really hope that this encounter doesn't change the way I play tonight...
***
After what happened at practice, I decided that it would be best to take a nap to clear my head. I woke up at around 4 pm and decided I should go out to get myself dinner. Since I didn't want to go alone, I invited Kucherov to join me. We met each other in the lobby and decided on Applebee's. We drove to Applebee's and talked about the game tonight. Once we go there, we were quickly seated at the bar. I ended up ordering the cedar lemon chicken with a glass of water and Nikita ordered a steak with mashed potatoes and a glass of water. We talked the whole time and just overall had a great time. We drove back to the hotel with still about 3 hours left until the game. I decided to go shower and take my time getting ready. I finished my shower and went to grab my makeup bag and curling iron. I did a very very simple and minimal makeup look and when I was finished I curled my hair. I went over to my suitcase and rummaged through it for an outfit. I finally decided on a simple black dress with red heels and my Céline bag. (Outfit above). I quickly woke up Ben at around 6:30. I still had about half an hour until we left for the arena, so I decided on face timing my Mom and Dad. They answered on the 3rd ring. My Mom's face quickly appeared on my screen.
"Brianna, you look so beautiful!!" My mom said.
"Thanks Mom! How are you guys?"
"Oh we're good! Missing you guys like crazy though!"
"We miss you too Mom." I surely did miss my Mom though. She and my Dad still lived in Colorado. The only time Ben and I saw them was when we are playing in Colorado, holiday's or sometimes during the off season.
I checked the time on my phone and realized it was 6:55 and I should probably end the call.
"Hey, Mom I gotta go! Game starts at 8! I'll talk to you soon!" I said kinda interrupting my Mom.
"Okay sweetie! Good luck to you and Ben!! We will be watching!" She said a little bit sad...
"Okay, tell Dad I miss and love him! And you too! I'll plan a trip soon!" I said also a little bit sad.
"Okay! Love you too hon!" I then hung up, trying to avoid the tears. I grabbed my bag and made my way to the elevator. In the lobby was Tyler, Kucherov, Palat, Ben, Ryan and Steven. I assumed the rest had already left. I jumped into the car with Kucherov and made our way to the arena.
***
We ended up beating Montreal in overtime with Kucherov scoring the game winning goal. I got a text at the end of the game from my mom, telling me how good of a job I did. The boys all decided on going out to the bars tonight, I however, respectively denied the offer. I was tired and just wanted to go back to the hotel and sleep. I was walking out of the locker room, when I was bumped into once again today. I wasn't exactly in the mood for apologies, so I grabbed my hockey bag and was about to walk away when all of the sudden my wrist were grabbed by the man who bumped into me.
"Hey, that's the second time today. I think I owe you dinner or something. What do you say?" I looked up too see who had just asked me out on a date and sure enough it was Carey.

*Authors note*
Since it is summer, I will be updating more frequently. Sorry if it is annoying but I just want to get to the good parts! Also I would appreciate more feedback... If not then, I will not be continuing this story.