Ch.17

*skip to game 7 against NYR*
*Carey's POV*
I've watched every single game of the playoffs that Bree's been apart of since her team knocked us out. I miss her so much but she won't even return my texts. Her 7th game was tonight against the Rangers and I decided that I would fly out to Tampa to watch the game. I arrived in Tampa at 5 pm and decided to just chill until 7 when I had to be at the arena.
***skip to 7pm***
I was entering the arena with a crowd of people all around me. Thankfully no one noticed me and I made it to my seats behind the home bench without a hassle. There was still about 20 minutes left until the game started so I decided on just playing on my phone until then. In no time the lights were dimmed and the sound of music started.
"Your starting lineup for the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight consists of Goalie: Ben Bishop, Right wing: Brianna Bishop..." And after that everyone else was dead to me.
*Brianna's POV*
There was a minute left of the second period and we were winning. I was skating down the ice when all of the sudden my world went black....
*Carey's POV*
Bree had the puck and she was skating down the ice, lining up the perfect shot when all of the sudden Kreider came at her full blast. She was on the ground but, I couldn't tell if she was conscious. The game was stopped while some of the trainers ran onto the ice, checking Bree. She wasn't moving and her eyes were closed. The trainers waved over to let the coach know that they needed a stretcher. This couldn't be happening to Bree, she doesn't deserve this. By now I was freaking out and didn't know rather or not I should go to the hospital to see her. Would she want to see me? I waited for a few more minutes to see if she would come back to the game. Sure enough in the third period, she was back. I didn't know what was wrong but all I knew was that I was happy she was back playing. However, you could tell that something was bothering her but, I knew that she would play through it...
*Brianna's POV*
The trainers told me that I had a concussion, a sprained ankle, and a huge cut in my forehead. It was the end of the second period and coach, Ben, and Steven came in to check up on me.
"Well can she play?" Coach asked Justin, the trainer.
"I would say no but it's up to Bree rather she thinks she can play through 20 minutes." Justin said while looking over to me.
"Um I think I can." I said while looking over to Coach.
"Good. Let's go." He said. Ben and Steven helped me up and walked me over to the locker room. Once I walked into the locker room, I was engulfed into a group hug by my teammates.
"Can you play?" Nik asked me.
"Well I'm not supposed to but, I think I'll make it." I said with a smile.
"Yes!" Nik said while giving me a high five. During the intermission we talked game strategies and how we were going to take the win. One of the refs came into the locker room to tell us that there was a minute left and that we should head onto the ice now.
"B, are you sure you can play? I don't want you getting hurt." Tyler said.
"Tyler I'm sure." I said with a smile. We all skated onto the ice and that's when I saw him. There Carey was, sitting right behind our bench. I can't believe he's here, watching the game. I looked down smiling to myself. I can't believe he was here...
*Carey's POV*
I saw her look over to where I was sitting and we made eye contact. She looked so damn beautiful, even with that huge cut on her forehead. There was no other girl that could pull that off but her. She broke our eye contact to look down and smile at the ice. Glad I still had that affect on her.
***
*Brianna's POV*
We won the game and we were moving onto the Stanley Cup Finals! I couldn't even express how happy I was and all I wanted to do was find Carey. I got dressed as fast as I could without talking to any of my teammates. I ran out of the dressing room as fast as I could without tripping on anything and went straight to the seating. There he was still sitting in the same spot. I ran over to him..
"CAREY!" I screamed while running over to him.
"Omg Bree!" He said, while catching me in mid air.
"I can't believe you're here!" I said while hugging him tighter.
"I had to come watch you play.." He said. "And by the way you played amazingly out there." He said while smirking.
"Thank you Carey." I said with a smile. "Where are you staying?" I asked.
"The hotel just down the road from here." He said. "I heard you moved into a new apartment." He said.
"Yea I did! I would invite you to come see it but Ben is staying there to help me move in." I said.
"Well you can come see my hotel room...?" He said with a suggestive smirk.
"Sure why not. Let me just go get my bag." I said while walking over to the locker room. "I'll meet you by my car." I said while throwing my keys towards him. I ran into the locker room, grabbed my hockey bag and went straight to the back entrance, right to my car.