Chapter 38- I Swear This Time I Mean It

*Rens POV*

I had just gotten home from a busy day with Derek. Amelia convinced me that she would be okay staying home by herself. I had told her about the Stephanie incident about two weeks ago and the text she sent me. Amelia didnt think anything of it, so she just carried on with her life. But I knew I had to keep her safe so I didnt want to go out anywhere without her. Today was the day I broke and finally went somewhere without her.

As I walked into our room I saw that the bathroom door was slightly opened. I heard someone crying.

She stood there in our bathroom gripping the counter. Her back was hunched over a bit and her eyes were red and puffy from crying. My girl. She looked so broken.

"Amelia?"

She jumped back, startled, and tried to wipe the remaining tears off of her face. She had a panicked look, too. Something happened to her while I was gone. I wanted to beat myself up so bad because I didnt protect her! She is everything to me and I couldn't protect her! I couldnt keep my girl safe!

Amelia walked slowly over to me and I noticed a bruise forming on her cheek. I instantly grew angry and I grabbed her arms. I wiped the tears from her eyes and she cried into my shoulder. I squeezed my eyes shut because I felt like crying too. I let someone hurt my girl.

I rested my head on top of hers and said, "What happened Amelia." She sniffled a little and took a deep breath. In a shaky voice, she said, "Stephanie. Sh-she was here. She said, she said that we didnt have much time together. She told me that she was going to kill me Ren! Ren I dont know what to do, she told me she was going to kill me!-" my heart almost stopped. "Amelia, we have to leave. We can't stay here anymore, we have to move!" Amelia shook her head and said, "No, she told me that if we tried to get away then the Demons would come back and take us!" my wyes widened. "Take us where?" i asked. Amelia took in a shaky breath, "Battery City."

"Amelia, we are leaving now! I am protecting you! I swear this time I mean it!" I shouted. She started to get shaky and kept shaking her head. I didnt care what Stephanie had to say. I'm protecting me girl.

I took Amelia's hand, but she moved away from me and covered her mouth and had the look of pure fear on her face. She screamed and pointed over my shoulder. I turned around and saw one of the Demons standing in my bedroom. It charged at me and knocked me to the ground. I hit the hard floor with a loud thud, and the Demon stood over me with a gun pointed right between my eyes. I heard Amelia scream behind me and saw another Demon covering Amelia's mouth with its hand. I tried to get up, but the Demon hovering over me with a gun grabbed my throat and yanked me off of the floor. I choked for air and my legs kicked. I clawed at the Demons hand, trying to escape its strong grip.

I was slowly losing air, but in the background I could hear Amelia's wailing screams. I prayed that they would leave her alone and hurt me instead. She didnt deserve this.

After just when I thought the pain was over, the Demon released me and dropped me to the floor. I choked and tried to find air. I started coughing soon afterward, and blood appeared onthe white tile floors. I was coughing up blood again.

I noticed that Amelia wasnt screaming anymore. I looked up and saw her lying motionless on the floor. Her chest wasnt going up and down like it would if you were alive.

I screamed out and tried to move closer to her but the Demons grabbed my arms and held me back. I was on my knees and I bent over and cried into the ground. I kept screaming and screaming, realizing that I failed at saving the one thing that mattered to me most.

My girl.