Chapter 18- Empty Hearts & Broken Guitars

**AMELIAS POV**

Everyday for the next few days I came when visiting hours were open, until they closed.

Today was friday and even though it was summer, it started raining.

When I walked in Ren's room, I could hardly recognize him. He was paper thin, and his skin looked like a dark purple around his eyes while the rest of his skin was an unhealthy gray.

"Hey, how are you feeling Ren?" He just coughs in response. I sit in the chair next to his bed and hold his frail hand.

"Love, I...need to tell....tell you something," he said. "Okay what is it?"

Ren had the saddest look on his face. "Ren, whats going on? Really," I said. He began to tell me how he thinks that the reason why his body is shutting down is because he has to go back to Battery City. I kept telling him that thats not whats happening, that he's just sick, but after a while it all started to make sense. He was faded away from this world to become part of the world I made up so long ago.

I was crying by the time he finished talking.

"No R-Ren. You aren't g-going b-back-k!" He brought up a thin hand to my face to wipe away the tears and cupped my face in his hand. "Shh. Don't worry, Love. If I die here, you can always come back to Ba...." His gray eyes began to disappear behind his closing eyelids.

I shook his arm and he opened them for possibly the last time. "....visit me in Battery City sometime." I nodded, but didnt tell him I wouldnt be visiting him because I couldnt remember how to get to Battery City anymore. He brought his lips to mine to for the last time. When Ren fell back onto the hospital bed, the machine played a long endless beep signifying Ren's no longer beating heart.

~~later that day~~

I sat in the cold bathtub in our bathroom while the power was out because of the storm. Pandora was in my lap, fast asleep.

I didn't see a point in living anymore now that Ren is gone. I dont even know for sure if he really did go back to Battery City, or if he actually died. I dont think I'll ever be able to know because no matter how hard I try, I can't escape to my world.

I got up out of the bathtub and set Pandora down in her kitty bed, and walked around the house. When I stumbled upon Ren's guitar I started to cry. I strummed a few chords and picked the acoustic guitar by the neck and slammed it down on the hardwood floors. Pierces of wood and strings went crashing everywhere and I was left with an empty heart and a broken guitar.