Chapter 33- Remembering Sunday

**AMELIAS POV**

"Hey Ren! Come look at this!" I shouted.

I was sitting in the livingroom floor with a box of old Polaroid pictures. They were spread out everywhere and I was reliving all of our memories just by glancing at them. One picture stood out to me the most; I wanted to show Ren. He came walking over and sat down next to me. As soon as he looked at the picture, he smiled. "Wow. That night was...amazing." I smiled back and looked at the two people smiling in the night air. It was back when Ren and I were in highschool.

~~le flashback~~

Tonight was senior prom, and I was getting into my dress. It was a strapless 50s style dress that was a light teal with floral lace around the bottom. My shoulder length hair was curled and I had pin-up eyeliner with red lipstick.

I sighed as I looked into the closet mirror with dissatisfaction.

"Ren why are we even going to the stupid dance?" I asked. Ren came out of the bathroom adjusting his tie. "Because." I raised my eyebrow at him, "Because? Because why?" He smiled and grabbed my face. "Why not? I just want to do something special with you." I tousled his hair. "If you wanted to do something special with me then you could have done alot better then taking me to some stupid dance." He kissed the tip of my nose and said, "I know, but you're going to have fun." He walked back into the bathroom to fix his tie. Meanwhile I was trying to get into some high heels.

Once they were both on, i tried to stand up. The first time I tried, I almost broke my ankle. The second time, I fell. On the third try I succeeded. As I began to walk towards the bathroom to show Ren, I slipped and fell. I landed with an umph! and was on the floor. Ren heard the thud and came to my side. "Amelia! Are you okay?" I glared up at him and said, "Its not easy being a girl." He laughed and helped me to my feet. "You good now?" He asked. I nodded and he went downstairs.

I looked down at the hideous heels.

"Fuck it. I'm going in converse." I kicked off the heels and they flew across the room and hit a wall. I went digging through my closet until I found my old black converse. "Ahh, there you are, my babies." I put on some socks that didnt match and then I slid on my chucks. Looking into the mirror with satisfaction, I smiled. "Now, we're ready to rock." I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs to meet Ren.

As I descended the stairs, Ren was at the bottom waiting. He looked up and his mouth fell open. Ren was looking at every inch of me and when he finally got to my feet, he laughed. "Haha, I have to say, I love the shoes." I looked down and smiled while clicking my heels together. "Yeah well, gotta stand out somehow I guess." Ren held my waist and brought me closer to him. "I love you Amelia." I kissed the tip of his nose. I had to stand on my tippy toes because of how tall he is. "I love you too."

As we walked out the front door, Ren walked me to his Toyota and opened the door for me, "For you my lady." Oh, that little jokester. "Why thank you my kind sir." When we were both settled in the car, Ren cranked up the music. Fall Out Boy's Thnks Fr Th Mmrs was on and Rem and I were singing all the words. At the end of the song we were laughing our butts off because we sounded awful! "Dude, Ren, we should so be on American Idol!" I laughed. He shook his head and laughed even more, "Oh yeah. Totally. Bet Randy Jackson would love us!" I turned down the radio a little bit. "Okay, okay, lets be honest. He would hate us." Ren put his hand to his chin. He began to stroke it. "Hmm. Yeah you're right. He'd hate us." I turned up the radio again; The Only Exception by Paramore was on.

Ren continued to drive and I looked out the window. We had just passed out school. I saw couples getting out of their cars and girls giggling and talking amoungst themselves. I even saw Stephanie. She was hanging on the arm of one of the football players. She was also swaying side to side. 'Wow, just arrived and she's already drunk,' I thought to myself. I pointed to the school and said, "Uh Ren, we just passed the scho-" he held my hand and said, "Yeah I know." He smiled his big goofy smile. I squinted my eyes at him, "Ren, where are we really going? No wait, more importantly, why did I have to put on a fucking dress if we werent going to the goddamn prom?!" He gripped my hand tighter. "Woah there, woah there. Dont be mad! I just wanted to have our own little dance!"