Chapter 31- Rain

**Amelias POV **

Two weeks ago Ren remembered everything. Today, we were both being released out of the hospital. My cast was already taken off, and I no longer had any bruises or cuts. Ren was looking strong as ever, and he looked just like how he did five months ago. Except now his hair was shaggy. And longer.

As I was in the hallway, grabbing a pack of cookies from the vending machine, I felt arms wrap around my waist. I smiled and turned around. Ren was smiling ear to ear, "Hi." I laughed, "Haha hi Ren. Want some cookies?" He looked down at my hand and snatched the pack up. Ren was practically jumping up and down like a little kid. "OH MY GOSH I FRIGGIN LOVE THESE COOKIES! THEY ARE THE BEST THING EVER!" A nurse pushing an elderly woman looked over at Ren. The nurse made a face and continued walking while the old lady laughed and gave us a thumbs up. "Oh God Ren, please dont ever do that again," I pleaded. "What? Why? Are you embarassed?" I shook my head, "No you're just a little crazy sometimes." He smirked, "Yeah, crazy for you." He poked my arm and I stumbled back a bit. After steadying myself, I walked up to him and stood on my tippy-toes. "I love you, Ren." He held my arms, "I love you too, now lets go home."

~~time lapse!~~

When we pulled into the parking lot, the smell of ocean was everywhere. It was really cold out (since it was middle of December) and looked like it was about to rain. Just as we stepped out of the car, it started to sprinkle. Ren looked over at my direction and laughed. I smiled and started to laugh too.

I dont know why we were laughing. I dont know why we were just standing in the rain. I dont know. It was just one of those things that felt so natural. Just the two of us, laughing our asses off for no apparent reason, in the rain.

"Uh, Ren? It raining really hard now!," I said as water stared pouring down my face. "Yeah, I know!," he shouted back. I shut the car door and walked over to him, "Dont you think we should go inside now?" He smiled his crooked smile and said, "No, not yet." My face was twisted with confusion, "Ren, why n-"

He kissed me.

I finally knew what it felt like to be kissed in the rain. I cant really describe it, I guess you'll just have to find out on your own to know the feeling. All I can say is that it felt like we were in the shower all over again. Just us and no one else.

Our moment was interrupted when we heard whistling coming from one of the apartment windows. I turned to look up to see who it was. I didnt recognize who it was, but they were clapping. Ren smiled and waved.

We both walked into the lobby and the doorman tipped his hat at us saying hello, "Good to see you back Amelia! Ren? I thought you-" Ren cut him off by saying, "No no. I was just really sick." The doorman dropped the topic and held the door open for us. When we entered the elevator, I bumped into Whiley.

"Oh my God, Amelia! Are you okay? I havent seen you in such a long time!" I was a little pissed off at Whiley, "I was in the hospital for five fucking months. You didnt even come to see me! Some friend you are." Ren looked confused, "Woah woah, am I missing something here?" Whiley held his hand up to Ren, "Who the hell are you?" I was panicking a little bit now, "Guys-" Ren stepped protectively in front of me and faced Whiley. We were all in the elevator now. "I am her boyfriend." Whiley raised his eyebrow and pushed he stop button on the elevator so we were stuck here. "Wait a minute, this is Ren? Amelia, you have got to be kidding me. I thought this guy was dead!" My face grew hot, "Whiley back off, he's alive." Whiley pushed Ren out of the way and looked at me, "You lied? And you think I'm a bad friend??" My hands were getting sweaty, "I can't explain it, okay? He's here now, and He's alive!" Whiley stepped closer to me. He turned to Ren. Ren said, "Who are you?" I answered before Whiley could," He lives a few apartments over from us. I met him and we started hanging out, he is just a friend, Ren." Ren's jaw clenched and unclenched. We were standing there in silence for what seemed like forever. Ren holding my arm protectively, and glaring at Whiley; Whiley looking from me to Ren; me in the middle of it all. Whiley was the first to speak up, "Amelia, I'm sorry I never visited you in the hospital. After I took you there, I didnt think you would want to see me again. I thought that you would think that the whole thing was my fault. I'm sorry." I looked from Ren to Whiley. "I just don't understand why you would drop me off at the hospital and not come to see if I was okay." Ren could tell I just wanted to get out the confined space, so he pressed the elevator button to continue moving.

When we reached out floor, Ren and I stepped out. Whiley stayed back in the elevator. The doors closed before I could say something. Ren held my hand and led the way to our apartment. Once we were inside he set down the keys on the counter and ran a hand through his hair. I bit my lip. Ren looked over at me and said, "What a bastard." I nodded, "Yeah tell me about it. He was a weird one. I met him after about a week you...were gone. He wouldn't leave me alone." Ren sighed. He stepped into the livingroom. "Where's Pandora?" My eyes widened. I totally forgot about her! "Oh shit. Pandora!" We searched everywhere for her, but we couldn't find her. Ren shrugged, "Maybe she got out. All cats do, she'll come back." I relaxed a bit because that was true. "Okay, okay."

I went into our room to change out of my soaked clothes and into some comfy pajamas. As I was taking off my wet shirt, Ren walked in. I stood there in my bra staring at Ren. I cleared my throat, "Ehem. Im changing." Ren took off his shirt. "What? I've seen you naked before, hush." I was embarrassed now. Ren noticed and stepped out of the room and into the bathroom. "Im sorry, Love." I said it was fine and continued to change in front of him. I guess I had to get used to this.

When we were all in our pjs, we climbed into bed. It seemed like forever ago we had just moved in. Ren was laying on his back, and I was laying on my stomach half on him. His arm was wrapped around me, and my head was placed on top of his heart. I could hear the thud thud thud of it, and wondered if it was beating for me.

"Amelia?" Ren's soft, raspy voice broke the silence. "Yeah Ren?" I said im a sleepy voice. He slipped his hand under my shirt and on my hip, "Stay with me forever." I sat up a little, "Of course I will, Ren. I love you." He shook his head. Wow, he really did need a haircut. "No i mean....ugh." He ran his hands through his outgrown hair, "Marry me."