Chapter 28- Hospital Gowns & Unknown People

**Amelia's POV**

"Amelia."

I opened my eyes.

"Amelia."

I didnt have to look over to see who was talking to me; I knew that voice anywhere.

"Ren." I saw him standing underneath our tree, and ran to him. He hugged me and spun me around. He had his arms wrapped around my waist, my hands wrapped around his neck. I missed this feeling so much. I missed it. I missed feeling him, I missed smelling him, I missed his arms around me, I missed his gray eyes, his hair, his perfect crooked smile.

The wind blew around us and the leaves on our tree rustled. Some leaves broke free from the branches and swirled around our intertwined bodies. There was nothing that could ruin this moment. I finally had Ren, and he had me. We've done our waiting. Now we can spend all of enernity together. I began to cry because this felt so real I couldnt believe it.

"Ren, I missed you so much. I missed you." He rubbed my back and said, "Shh, Shh, we're together now. Nothing can get to us anymore. I love y-"

I awoke with a jolt. I blinked a few times and looked around. My eyes began to water because I was in a hospital and I was dreaming. My lower lip began to quiver. I wanted to scream out and cry, because the dream wasnt real. I didnt have Ren.

Beeping machines were hooked up to me and I had one of those stupid IV's in me. A bandage was wrapped around my head and I had cuts all over the left side of my face as well as my arm and leg.

I shoved my fists in my eyes to try to stop the tears. 'I wish I was dead,' I thought.

A nurse came through the door and when she saw me awake, she rushed out of the room. Seconds later, a doctor came in. I was half expecting to see Dr. Collins, but it was a female doctor.

She smiled and said, "Welcome back, Amelia! I'm Dr. Brooks." I didnt say anything but, "How long was I out for?" Dr. Brooks smile faded away. Even when she was delivering bad news she was still fairly pretty. She had blonde hair that reached to her shoulders, and piercing blue eyes. "Honey, you've been in a coma for three months." Three months! So that means it was already December. I missed my birthday in October, not to mention Ren's in September.

"Three months? What- how...what happened?" Dr. Brooks shooed the nurse away and closed the door. She came and sat down on the edge of my bed and looked to the other side of the room. There was another patient in here. I hadn't noticed him before.

Dr. Brooks said in a low voice, "When the car hit you, you had some damage done in your brain. Nothing serious." She stopped to see if I was taking everything in carefully. I nodded for her to go on, "You also had a deep cut on the side of your head, we had to stitch you up, and we also had to-" I lifted my hand up to where the bandage was and assumed thats where I had gotten the stitches. I also noticed my hair was gone. "My hair..." Dr. Brooks looked at me and said, "We had to cut your hair so we could get the stitches in." My mouth was open and I grew angry. My long hair was gone, and I was left with a Pixie cut hairstyle.

Tears started to run down my face again. Dr. Brooks rested her hand on my wrist. Right then I knew she had seen my cuts. She said, "I know what you're going through. My daughter has suffered from self harm for three years." I said, "Thank you." She smiled and walked out of the room.

The patient next to me began to stir. I looked over at him. I could only see the back of his head. He had messy hair. It was a dark brown.

He stirred some more until he woke up. 'I wonder how long he's been out,' I thought. Tried to sit up, but fell back in his bed. When he hit the mattress, he grunted in pain. If I was going to be in here for a long time, I may as well make friend with my roommate. "Uh, hi. Welcome back, I just woke up from a coma." I felt awkward. "My name's Amelia." He rubbed his shoulder where there was a lot of white bandages. He wasnt responding to me, and he still didnt turn around. "Uh, I got hit by a car-" I mentally slapped myself for saying that,-" what happened to you?" He grunted again, and answered in a raspy voice, "Shot." My eyes widened when he said he got shot. "How?" I was being curious. Mystery guy rubbed the back of his head and said, "Dont remember."

This guy seemed so familiar to me. Maybe we went to highschool together. "Did you by any chance go to Claremont High?" He shook his head. Hm. He finally turned around. I almost past out because it was Ren.

"Ren? Oh my God, you're here! You came back! You're back!" I staggered out of my hospital bed and towards his. I tried to hug him but he pushed me off. "What the hell are you doing? I dont even know you," he said. "What? Ren its Amelia!" I was utterly confused. "Ren...you don't...remember me?" He looked scared now and he kept shaking his head. I bit my lip and crawled back into my bed. I whispered to him, "Sorry," but he was already asleep again.

Why didn't he remember me?