Chapter 21- The Dilemma

My shift was over and I waved goodbye to Kim.

"See you later, Kim!" She looked over the check out counter and waved. "Bye Amelia! Don't forget your paycheck tomorrow!" I turned around so I was walking backwards, and gave her a thumbs up.

It was now five o'clock in the afternoon, and I didn't want to go home just yet. First, I needed food because my stomach was growling at me. I looked down at my stomach and patted it, saying, "Shut up, I'll feed you right now." As if on que, my stomach stopped growling. I did't feel like driving so I walked around the little shops and cafes. Nothing really seemed appealing to me until I spotted an In-N-Out. My sixteen year old self woul have turned it down imediatly. I walked in an regretted it as soon as I did because Whiley bumped into me.

I pushed him out of my way and walked out of the exit. He blocked the door before I could get out and said, "Hey hey hey, wait. I'm sorry for earlier. I just wanted to get to know you better. Can I make it up to you?" I rolled my pale green eyes and said to him, "Yeah, leave me alone." He made a face and crossed his arms. "How about I buy you dinner." It was more of a demand than a question. I thought about it for a while. It was just dinner so why not?

"Fine," I said. He smirked, "Great! But I'm gona make you dinner." I looked up and him, "Okay but we're eating at my apartment." He nodded and held the door open for me, "Ladies first." I replied with a thank you and headed to my car. Whiley followed behind me in his car.

Once we were up in my apartment, Whiley took everything in. He noticed my record player and all of my records and said, "I didn't realize people still used these things." I walked over and looked for a record we could listen to, "Yeah alot of poeple do, actually. I love them. It makes the music feel more alive." The record I chose was a You Me At Six one. Sinners Never Sleep. It's a great album. I placed the record on the record player and turned it on. The vinyl began to spin around and the faint pops were heard from us.

Whiley followed me to the kitchen and asked what I wanted to eat. "Uh, anything will be fine, I guess." He shook his head, "No, you have to tell me waht you want or else I'll feed you raw eggs." My refrigerator was opened from me looking through it and I finally made up my mind on what to eat. "Can you make spaghetti?" He nodded. "I sure can!"

About an hour and a half later, our tummys were full from spaghetti and we both plopped ourselves on the couch.

"That was really delicious Whiley, thanks," I thanked him. He replied with a simple no problem. I began to smile at the thought of Ren cooking. Whiley's cooking was amazing, but Ren's will always be better. "What are you smiling about," He asked. "I was just remembering how great of a cook Ren was." Whiley looked puzzled, "Ren?"

Oh shit.

I began to studder, "U-uhm, yeah. Yeah, Ren. He-he was my boyfriend." Whiley looked confused again, "Was?" Why the fuck was he making this so difficult!? "Yes was! He WAS my boyfriend! He died- well, I think he died- a few weeks ago." My eyes were watering and my hands were shaking. Whiley tried to rub my back, but I pushed his hands away. "Just go Whiley, just go." He left without any questions as I sulked on the couch.