Recycled Love

Prologue

“Take your sister and run!” my mother shouted. I looked up at her with sad eyes. She held a pained expression.

“W-what are you talking about mum” I stuttered.

“There’s no time sweetie.” She tossed me her car keys. “Go on now. Go to your aunt Stacey and stay there until your father or I come get you”

“B-but mum” I whined, a little scared of the circumstance. My mom would never send me away unless the situation was urgent.

“Adelina, the rogues are attacking the town. You need to go”

“I can help you guys. I’m a great fighter. Let me help you”

“ADELINA SOPHIA RAE LEAVE IMMEDIATELY!” my father boomed in his alpha tone. He never uses his alpha voice on me. I flinched, as my bottom lip quivered. Tears casually streaming down my face. My father looked ten times older and that says a lot. His brows furrowed, and his eyes were wide with anger. My father Miles Rae is the alpha of our pack of shifters. What do we shift into you ask? Well, none other than wolves. There are wolf packs located all over the world, with some rogues. The rogues however move in large packs, attacking different packs. They somehow try to conquest the strongest pack. Which leads me back to my pack; we’re the second strongest pack in the United States. I’m next in line for the alpha post, but if the rogues keep it up there won’t be a pack to oversee. It’s not customary for a female to take over alpha’s position, but since my dad only had two daughters and the alpha blood run through my arteries. “I’m sorry hunny, but this is important” he whispered trying to sound calm, but I can see the battle raging in his mind.

I nodded my head stiffly, grabbing my sister’s hand, pulling her down the stairs. She’s only ten years old. She hasn’t gone through her first change yet, so she still does know what the hell is going on. I’m currently sixteen; I’ll be seventeen in two months. I’ve been an official shifter all my life but I’d only begun to shift a couple of days after my sixteenth birthday.

There was a sharp screaming coming from outside the pack house, making me run so fast down the stairs it seemed I was flying. There was a piercing howl, and a deep black wolf came bursting through the front door. I stared into its eyes. I felt myself shiver involuntarily as his pure obsidian eyes looked back at me. He was huge, with a faint pink scar running across his right eye and over his snout. He looked menacing. All around there was faint howling, followed by terrified screams, cries of children, screams of men who didn’t make the change in time.

The black wolf made a lunge for me, knocking me off my feet, my little sister rolled down the remaining stairs and a quiet whimper left her lips. The black wolf however hovered over me, his eyes burning through my skin. I felt his chest rumbled as he let out a warning growl. He snapped his dangerously sharp teeth at me and made a grab for my neck. I felt my body stiffen and I closed my eyes as I waited for my end.

However a deep brown mass came crashing into the black menace on top of me. I let out a breath of relief as I saw my dad’s wolf –who by the way was much bigger than the black- tackled the black one to the floor. He let out a deafening snarl, which showed his dominance. The black wolf let out a low whimper as my dad bit into its back leg. The wolf then countered my dad’s attacked snapping his threating sharp teeth at him. I gasp slightly as his teeth grazed my father’s neck. My dad’s head snapped up to me. He looked at me with his bright blue eyes, and I know he was telling me to run. I nodded once, and I run down the remaining stairs. I scooped up my little sister who had tears running down her cheeks. I hugged her tightly as if she’ll disappear. I ran through the back door, moving quickly towards my mother’s black Mercedes.