forty two; shadow

In the House, In a Heartbeat - John Murphy

"Motus," Kai whispered upon seeing the sight before him. He watched as the figure flew to the wall, their head banging against the hard surface. Whilst they were momentarily disorientated he sprinted the short way to where Lilith laid, coming in and out of consciousness. 

"Lilykins, you okay?" He whispered, dropping to his knees beside the sofa, his hand resting on her neck to feel her pulse. He cursed himself mentally once realising her pulse was weak, of course, it was the person had just been munching on her like a roasted chicken fresh out of the oven. 

He never got the chance to hear her mumbled reply, instead, he whirled around, his hand raised just as the vampire lunged at him. "No!" He shouted, gripping the vampire in the air with magic, he began to close his hand, suffocating the vampire. He maneuvered them towards the light to see who the culprit was. 

Kai's eyes narrowed. "I trusted her with you," he snarled, dropping the vampire to his knees. Kai strode forwards, grabbing the vampire's neck with his bare hands. 

Lawrence smirked, letting the witch manhandle him. "Couldn't help it, she was too pure to avoid," he whispered, as if he was gloating, almost rubbing it in Kai's face. "You'll understand," he said with triumph in his voice. 

Kai tightened his grip, muttering, "O se kwe pe se." He held back his smirk as he watched Lawrence choke on his own blood, bleeding through every hole in his body. It was a painful death and Kai knew that the leech would come back moments later, but he could do it over and over again. 

He turned towards where Lilith lay and sighed sadly, sitting on the edge of the sofa. He ran a hand her head. "Sorry Lils, I won't leave you again," he whispered, kissing her on the head before turning his gaze to where Lawrence laid, still, in his own blood.

He let out a groan of frustration, letting his forehead drop onto his palm as he leaned his elbows on his knees. "Stupid," he muttered to himself. He tried to not let flashes of Lilith covered in blood haunt his mind but it was hard to resist, he didn't what he'd do without her. 

Yet, one day, in the future, he will have to survive without her, for her sacrifice will make him one of the most powerful and most feared warlocks of all time. He should probably start calling himself a heretic soon. 

_

It was half way through the night when Lilith woke up to a pounding headache. She groaned and moaned as she stretched out across the sofa, shoving everything off as she spread out, including Kai's head which created a very loud bang on the floor, waking both of them up immediately. 

"What was that?" Lilith cried out into the dark living room, the only light source was coming from the kitchen where a nearly burnt out candle was lit. 

"My fucking head," came the hiss of a very familiar tone causing shivers to race through Lilith's body. 

She squealed when she realised who was next to her on the floor before rolling off of the sofa and onto the slouched body, not even hearing the choked cry of help. "My baby is back," she said before planting kisses all over his face, smothering him with her saliva. She clung onto him like a koala to its mother.

"Okay, I am not a child. If I was then you would be classed as a pedo. Second of all, I am the older one here, by... 16 years I think so-" Kai was cut off from his tantrum by a snicker. 

"So, you're technically the pedo and I'm the poor defenseless girl," she finished for him, sitting up on his stomach as he laid sprawled out underneath her. She awed at his cute pout, staring in amusement as he crossed his arms over his chest. 

"You are not defenseless in this relationship," Kai snapped, huffing as he looked away from her heavy stare. "I think I am," he muttered. However, his anger soon changed into feelings of pleasure when he felt Lilith's lip on his neck. "No, no, you can't dig yourself out of this hole."

"I don't like holes, I do my best to avoid them thank you very much," she whispered, her lips brushing against his ears causing him to let out a stifled giggle. "I think you like holes, though," she suddenly said, sitting up once again. She saw his curious expression and bit her lip. "I mean, why else would you like to insert yourself into them?"

Kai let out an exaggerated gasp before pushing the girl off of him, not even laughing when she fell to the floor. "I'll have you know that-that-that-"

"That..?" Lilith teased, quickly recovering from her little tumble. She knelt up on her knees as Kai got to his feet, looking down at her. 

He lost all thoughts as he looked down at her. "That I prefer three holes and they are very pleasurable, therefore, I don't mind admitting it," he huffed proudly, smirking down at her.

Lilith tried to hide her amused grin. "You look really proud of yourself," she commented, sitting on her heels. 

"Yeah I am, I deserve a reward for that amazing comeback." His eyes widened at her sudden look of seduction. "Are you sure you're Lilith?" He asked her, watching as she stood up. 

"I'll be anybody you want me to be," she purred, laying a hand on his chest, pressing her body against his as she stretched up on her tiptoes, pressing her lips against his. 

"Lilith would be fine," he choked out, grabbing her free hand as he pulled away. "Let's do something, yeah?" He chuckled nervously, tugging her to the door. "You know, it's been snowing for some time now," he stated, grabbing his big coat. 

Lilith curiously looked out of the dusty windows before gasping. It was snowing! She yelped in excitement, grabbing her coat and gloves. "Then we shall play in it," she declared as she tried to do everything at once. 

However, everything suddenly went dark causing her to squeak in protest. She heard laughter before Kai folded up the rim of the hat. "I brought it with me when we first came here, never used it though," he told her as he fitted it onto her head properly. 

He stepped back and looked her up and down. "You look all set," he told her, before smiling ad grabbing her hand.