nine; sanctimonious

Ten Tonne Skeleton - Royal Blood

  Where did you go? Where did you run?
I can't erase what you've done.  

"Another year goes by," sighed Lilith as she watched Kai work on the same drawing he had been for months on end. "What is that?" She asked, stretching her neck to look at the artwork but he circled his arm around it, stopping her from seeing it. 

"I'm hungry," said Kai, frowning as he aligned his ruler and pencil. He glanced up at her when she didn't move. "Aren't you hungry?" He rose an eyebrow. 

Lilith let out a heavy breath and pushed herself away from the table, walking over to the kitchen then she stopped and frowned. "I'm not your slave, Kai, you want food, make it yourself," she snapped, walking back towards the table, sitting down with a huff. 

She ignored him as he set down his equipment, his hands weaving together. "We're going away for a long time, you might want to pack, we leave at sundown," he told her, rolling up the paper. Out of nowhere she noticed an elastic band was in his hand and was soon wrapped around the paper. 

"Where are we going?" She asked as he stood up, walking passed her. "Hey! Where are we going?" She shouted after him as he ascended the stairs. 

"Mystic Falls, Virginia," she heard him say and let him walk up the stairs in pieces. She stood up and walked over to the living room, spotting a folded up map on one of the worktops she picked it up, searching for Virginia. 

"But that's ages away by car," she whispered to herself, following the line that leads from Portland to Virginia "That's at least two days in a car," she worked out. 

"We're going by plane." 

Lilith screamed and dropped the map at the voice, whirling to see Kai stood with a smirk on his face as he let chuckles slip through his mouth. His nose scrunched up as he laughed making Lilith's heart hurt; he was so cute, she thought. 

"Now that I can fly a plane, we can take one anyway and cut the distance, see I told you it would come in handy," he said with a nod of his head. He pretended to bow, acting as if an audience was applauding him for his 'excellence.'

"Was that before or after you tried to kill yourself?" She asked, cocking her head to the side. 

Kai grinned, licking at his bottom lip before he set his eyes on her, his cold stare sending shivers of adrenaline and fear through her. "Don't push it, Lilly, you already know how far I'll take it and a petty little kiss won't stop me this time," he threatened, the deadly words coming out of the lips of an angel. 

"So you were saying we're going by plane?" She said, clearing her throat as she turned away from him, unable to look into his eyes any longer. "That's like eight hours or so right?" She asked. 

"Eight hours and thirty-five minutes to be exact," he corrected her, coming up behind her, taking the map from her hands, his chest against her back. "Start asking before touching, the last time you touched something you stole it."

Lilith gritted her teeth and turned around, fed up of his attitude towards her, she pressed her palm against his chest and pushed him back. "I don't give a crap what you want," she snarled. "You're scared aren't you?" She questioned, scoffing afterwards. "You're scared that you'll let yourself care for me."

Kai chuckled haughtily, shaking his head at her accusations. "You've got it all wrong Lil'."

"No, I really haven't," she replied. "You're scared that you'll care for me and you just might even like me so much that you'll get distracted," she hissed, pointing a finger to him.