twenty five; cynical

Olly Murs ft. Demi Lovato - Up

  I drew a broken heart
Right on your window pane
Waited for your reply.
Here in the pouring rain.  

Lilith watched as Kai's chains melted, his chanting becoming louder. She could hardly hear Damon and Alaric's worries, she was too engrossed with watching Kai. It was peculiar to watch, she felt tingles at the tips of her fingers once again, it felt like Kai was absorbing magic from her as well, which was impossible. He looked up at her, his gaze intense as he suddenly stopped chanting. He abruptly stood up, smirking at her as the rope around her became loose enough for her to tug on it and stumble after him.

Lilith frowned when Damon looked up at Kai before whirling around, it looked like he was searching for her. "You little magic sucker," said Damon. "You sucked up all that magic from the travelers spell."

Kai glanced at Lilith over his shoulders, smirking before looking at Alaric, lifting his hand, as he did this, Alaric began to rise in the air before he was slung into a tree, winding him.

Lilith stepped forward, her mouth wide open as she looked around in shock, she had never noticed how strong the wind had become, nor how strong Kai's magic is.

"A lot of magic," Kai agreed. Suddenly Damon blurred to him, shoving him against a tree making Lilith duck out of the way. She guessed Kai had turned her invisible because as Damon raised his fist, Kai disappeared from everyone's eyes before reappearing in just Lilith's. He held a smirk on his face as he ran over to her, grabbing her hand.

"Okay, plan two," said Kai as they slowed down, walking down the road into Mystic Falls. He still held onto her hand, not even realising, but of course, Lilith did, she noticed everything he did.

"Plan two?" She asked, frowning. "And what do you plan to do with plan two?" She knew it was going to be something bad.

"I'm going to hurt Damon, by taking Elena," said Kai, winking at her. "Who wouldn't want to take a beautiful, smart girl such as Ele-" He grinned when he felt her yank her hand away.

Lilith felt herself heat up, everywhere was burning, her fingertips, her face, her heart and especially the brand on her hip. She glared into Kai's eyes as they both came to a stop, Kai's grin dropping from his face. She saw his eyes widen, taking a step back from her. "Woah," he let out.

"What?" She snapped, clenching her fists.

Kai's eyes flickered to her fists before he raised his hands up calmly. "Okay, calm down alright, I didn't mean it, you're the most beautiful girl in the world, in the universe."

Lilith was confused as to why Kai was acting so on edge, his movements steady and slow, his tone forceful as he spoke to her. Why was he treating her like she was a ticking time bomb? However, she did feel herself become calmer, noticing how Kai became less tense. "What was that?" She asked quietly.

"My magic, it's like it's imprinted on you," he whispered. "This bond between us, it was built from me siphoning magic from you, it made us grow stronger, I can feel everything you feel, wherever you are, even when we were in two different worlds."

Kai and Lilith stared at each other as she processed what he was saying. "And what about the brand you placed on me?" She asked.

"That's what's secured this bond, you can't live without me, which means-"

"You can't live without me," she realised, shocked by the revelation. If one died, the other one would also die. "Why would you do that?" She asked.