ten; holier-than-thou

Mad World - Tears for Fears (Eurielle Cover)

  Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow.  

"You made us walk around the whole of Mystic Falls, for what?" Asked Lilith through huffs, her breath was jagged from the amount of exercise, it reminded her of the time they went to New York and climbed up the million stairs...and the rest.

"One; I didn't make you, you chose to follow me," Kai pointed out, looking over his shoulder at her. He turned around and began to walk backward on the road, as he grinned at her. "Two; I just need to know the place inside out just in case I want to hide from you."

Lilith replied with only sarcasm on her face. She hiked her backpack higher, the weight dragging her down. "Kai, I won't bug you," she paused, clearing her throat. "If you just carry this bag for at least an hour?" She offered, pouting to the sociopath.

Kai glanced at her out of the corner of his eyes. "What if I like you bugging me?" He challenged his face void of any emotions he was truly feeling. Lilith's gaze snapped to him, her eyes wide as saucers. "I'm joking."

"I know that," she replied instantly, taking the backpack from her shoulders, choosing to drag it on the floor behind her. "I'm dead on my feet and it's ten at night, can we please just find somewhere to crash?" She begged.

Kai groaned, throwing his head back before stopping walking altogether, jolting her to a stop. He turned to her and breathed in a deep breath before letting out slowly. "Did you not feel that little shake we had this morning, that's not natural."

Lilith frowned as she saw Kai become frustrated, his hands raking through his dark curls. He sighed once again and slumped forwards. "I can feel us getting closer to something, someone," he mumbled.

"What?" Lilith gasped, rushing forwards, she grabbed him by his chin, forcing him to look at her. "Are there others here? Was that what that shake was? Another person entering this world?" She asked one question after another.

Kai nodded, softly pulling himself from her grasp. "When you came in I was just doing my own thing, but then this slight tremor- well not a tremor but the world's tiniest shake- happened and then I felt you, I felt your presence, so I went looking for you and there you were, lying on the ground unconscious."

Lilith was quiet as she heard the short story coming from Kai. She couldn't stop herself from grabbing his hand, weaving her fingers between his. "Why are you stressing so much?" She asked him. She felt his fingers tighten around hers to the point that she was in pain, but she didn't let it show. She was comforting him in the only way she knew he would prefer; violence.

"When you came it was the slightest tremor, this time, it was stronger," he said, ripping his hand from hers and pushing passed her, knocking his shoulder into hers. "I think there's two of them," he said over his shoulder.

Lilith's eyes widened, she threw her bag back onto her shoulders and ran to catch up with him. "Isn't this good? There's more of a chance of you getting out then," she told him but he wasn't hearing, he didn't want to get his hopes up, he did that when she entered this world, he wouldn't do it again.

"No, flower, because they could be like you, just another person put in this world to give me no hope," he snapped, rolling his eyes. He continued to walk down the empty road, trees surrounding them. "I'm following this connection. I can feel them and they're close." He stopped, turning towards her, his face close to hers as she slid to a stop. "You're either with me or against me," he said, looking right into her eyes.

"I-I'm with you," she whispered, her words coming out as stutters. She nodded more confidently, grabbing his hand for the second time that day. "I will always be with you," she promised him.