eighteen; vitriolic

Lovers on the Sun - David Guetta ft Sam Martin

  From breaking in over the walls onto the wild side
The hunger satisfied.  

Lilith didn't listen to a word Bonnie and Damon had said. All she knew is that Bonnie was working on a spell to activate the ascendant. It was taking a long time for Kai to come back around, longer than usual which was worrying Lilith. She looked up at the sound of something clicking and saw Bonnie and Damon staring down at the ascendant, amazed and excited.

"That's why Kai wouldn't kill me. He needed a Bennett... I was his only way out of here," Bonnie realised. She turned around and began to walk away. Lilith jumped to her feet, panicked.

"Where are you going?" Lilith asked, looking at her.

Bonnie paused and turned to where Damon and Lilith stood. "Home. You guys coming?"

Damon looked over at Lilith. "You're coming with us short stack," he told her and grabbed her by the wrist tugging her after them. He jumped down with her in his arms and keeping a hand on her just in case.

The sky above was darkening from the eclipse. Damon was sitting on a rock, staring at Bonnie who was standing directly under the light, whilst chugging the rest of his drink.

Lilith watched from afar as Bonnie used the sharp end of the Ascendant to slit her wrist, pouring the blood onto the Ascendant."Okay," she breathed out. "It's time, Damon," she told him, after chanting for the Ascendant to click open.

Damon sat his bottle down, and rubbed his hands together, getting up from the rock. "Come on Lilith, let's get awkward," he said, both smiling as Lilith walked over to them. She didn't want to leave without Kai. Damon placed his hand under Bonnie's, nodding for Lilith to do the same. "Like this?"

"Yep."

"I'm sure there are about a billion people you'd rather be here with..."

Bonnie smiled and shook her head. "Not exactly. I mean, I'd rather she be not here," she said, nodding to Lilith.

"Rude," she mumbled.

"Let's go-" She was cut off, by an arrow plunging into Bonnie's stomach. Damon and Lilith stepped back in shock as the Ascendant fell with Bonnie.

The two whirl around to see Kai standing there with a crossbow pointed at Damon. "Forgetting someone?" He smirked.

Damon stared incredulously. "Did you really think I hadn't tried to kill myself before? You should ask Lilith, I've scared her a few times." He grinned, looking at the girl. Damon looked back at her, he was betrayed by her once again.

"Because I had lots of times, lots of ways." He saw Damon look at the Ascendant. "Grab that, and the next arrow goes in her heart. Your choice."

Damon sped over to Bonnie, ignoring as Kai grabbed Lilith, absorbing a little of the magic before muttering something. The magic had soon disappeared.

"What did you just do?" Asked Lilith, she felt weird, almost empty.

Kai smiled. "Saving you like the hero I am," he joked before running to grab the Ascendant. 

"Damon, no!" Shouted Bonnie.

Damon blurred to Kai and shoved him against the wall, struggling with each other. Kai dropped the ascendant. Lilith saw that Bonnie was about to get the Ascendant and panicked, not knowing what to do. Bonnie reached the Ascendant and grabbed it just as Kai twisted an arrow further into Damon.