Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

//Niall//

Okay, mental note:

Next time if I ever have to rescue someone’s arse again, make a real plan.  And then, figure out a back-up plan.

Otherwise, I wouldn’t have been thrown on a hardwood floor with my hands cuffed behind my back along with my three best mates.

"Watch the assets, you cunt of a--" I start to cuss them out as they shut the door behind them but my eyes catch a sight of something; well, someone, rather.

"Harry?" my eyes widen at the sight of the cat boy placed inside a metal-barred cage, barely large enough to hold a kid, let alone a tall teenager like him.

"Niall? Lou? Li? Zayn?" Harry yells out, his green eyes bugging out.

"Fancy meeting you here," I say sarcastically, trying my best to rub my arse with both my hands bound behind me.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" he relents.

"Rescuing you, dummy," Louis rolls his eyes.

"And failing miserably,' Liam mutters darkly.

If I had my hands free, I would have smacked him upside his fuzzy head. But for now, I have to settle for a glare.

"Aw, our little leprechaun is mad that his shitty plan failed!" Zayn teases in an overly sugary tone.

"Yes; and this not so littler leprechaun can bite!" I retort, snapping my teeth in their direction. Liam, who looks genuinely scared, backs away while the others burst out in laughter.

An impatient bark, catches my attention. I turn towards the sound only to find a blond with dark eyes and cream-coloured dog ears poking out on top of the mess of blond locks.

"I would say how generous of you to drop by and visit us, but that's be lying," he grumbles, voice thick with Australian accent.

"Sorry, we thought that a little distraction would work," I say, shrugging.

"Seems like we'll all be here for a couple more months, then," he reflects, expresionless.

"How long've you been here?" I ask, suddenly curious.

"Coming up to 42 days, I think. Maybe more, maybe less."

"And the young ones?" Liam presses.

"I'm the first one who got taken in and they started arriving a few days later. I've hear the guards talk of other types of hybrids, but they're held elsewhere."

Whoa, whoa, whoa fucking whoa.  It's mind-blowing enough already that there's more people like Harry (although they seem to be around thirteen other than the Aussie) but there's two types?

"What do you think the doc's gonna do witht them?" Louis asks, a tinge of fear coating his voice.  His thin, rounded brows bunch together in worry.

"The guards don't knkow; therefore, neither do I." He glares at the closed door. "Name's Ashton. I'd shake your hand but yours are bound and mine's stuck inside this damned cage."

"Niall." "Liam." "Louis." "Zayn." we all chorus at the same time.

"So what has de Silva done to you so far?" Liam inquires.

"Blood sample and a bit of, erm, shock therapy," Harry replies nonchalantly.

"Shock therapy?" Louis' already high-pitched voice camps upeven more. "As is electrocution?"