Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

//Niall’s P.O.V.

There’s barely any light outside but I wake anyways.  Winter in England is downright gloomy.  The sky is always grey and it’s freezing.  Their definition of a beach is any strip of land beside the sea, whether or not it actually has an expanse of soft, pale and glistening in the sun. Weather hasn’t made much improvement upon itself going into February and of course, there had to be a snowstorm for the Valentine’s day weekend. Snowstorm meant no aeroplane and no aeroplane means no romantic (cheesy) weekend with my Josh.

And it doesn’t help that most of my new mates have girlfriends.

See, Liam is such a sweetheart that he took Danielle out to some English countryside for the weekend.  They rented a cabin and all that and, oh, there’s a lake near the cabin.  And there’s also a cosy little rowboat for two people.  Geesh, I wonder what certain romantic movie that resembles. They wouldn’t shut up about it at school so I had no choice but to listen to them talk about it all the time.

And Louis, well, Louis being Louis thought that taking Eleanor out on a standard dinner and movie date would suffice.  I don’t know, maybe he’s got something else planned.

Perrie and Zayn are up to no good, I’ll wager.

Which conveniently leaves only Harry and me as the single guys in our little gang.

Totally not awkward at all.

There haven’t been any weird encounters or any of that sort between Harry and I—that one dream not counting—and I’m happy to say that we’re getting along brilliantly.  Since we are both single and no doubt will be bored out of our wits during the weekend, we decided to have a lads’ night out: no couples allowed. It’s going to be just us lads and a bunch of ‘guy’ films and food (and beer of course). My parents are gone away on their annual romantic getaway and Greg doesn’t live with us anymore.

So here we are, sat in my living room. Harry has volunteered to pop in the film of our first choice: The Avengers [never seen that but oh well].  I don’t know if he is doing this on purpose but he has his bum pointed at me and . . .

He turns around, brow quirked, “Hey.”

“Hey,” I say, not stammering. I don’t know what I’m feeling for this curly haired hot-boy but I don’t think it’s platonic anymore.

“You don’t look too sure about the movie.”

“No it’s alright. Press play and let’s start the movie marathon already.  I sink back into the sofa and pretty much sprawl out across it.

Harry, being Harry, ignores the unoccupied armchair and seats himself right next to me.  On top of my legs, to be precise.

“Get off me, you whale,” I joke.

“I’m not a whale,” he wails.

“Fine, a giraffe, then.”

“How ‘m I a giraffe?”