Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

//Harry's P.O.V.

'One way or another I'm gonna see ya I'm gonna meet ya meet ya meet ya meet ya 

One way or another, I'm gonna win ya I'll get ya, I'll get ya--' 

   I hate Mondays.  And what I hate even more is my lovely sister acting as my alarm clock.

  "Wakey, wakey, Harry! Time to rise and shine, you stinking cat!" Gemma announces as she wrenches the thick curtains open. Bright light floods into my room and I hiss at the sudden change. She just proceeds to pull back my covers in attempt to hurry up my awakening. "C'mon, it's already like half-seven and you have less than thirty minutes to get ready and shit."

  As my response, I curl my lips back from my teeth and hiss/snarl at her more loudly. Laughing, she tugs at my curls before walking out. "Thirty minutes, Haz!"

  Of course, when it's 7:59, Louis comes sauntering in, bellowing: "WAKE UP HAZZA! TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL HONE!" at the top of his fucking lungs. "Go away," I mumble. Which comes out more as: "O wee." "I'm sorry, I don't speak cat as well as you can. So wake up before I kick you furry arse out of that comfy bed of yours." "Don't have a furry arse, you twat." "Well, whatever," he sasses. "We have like fifteen minutes before classes start. See," he shoves his wristwatch in front of eye groggy eyes. I wave my hand at him dismissively. What can I say? You can't make a cat hurry for anything. Unless food is involved. 

Louis has to literally drag me out of the warm comfort of my bed and dress me to get me to school. I just let him sort of manhandle me and blink in acknowledgement every time he lets out a curse about me being so damn lazy. Mum says something about an appointment after school and Gemma calls out a bye. Louis all but shoves me into the passenger seat of his orange Volvo minibus. 

Zayn and Liam are chatting with their respective girlfriends as we pull up to the car park. Niall is no where in sight, though. "You seen Niall today?" I ask them. "He texted me saying that he's home sick today," Liam replies helpfully. "Oh." "Also said something about swinging by after school to pick up his assignments." That cheers me up a tad. "That's nice." The bell goes and I remember that I still have to go to my locker to take the necessary things to English class.  With a hasty goodbye to my mates, I sprint off to my locker--conveniently located on the opposite side of the car park. 

    ^--------^

=(  o  ㅅ o  )=

   The last bell for the day rings and I spring out of my seat. The maths teacher gives me a death glare but I shrug it off. Teachers.

  Niall is stood by his class and talking to his teacher and he is handed the pile of work that he missed. Seeing that he is two seconds away from dropping everything onto the floor, I rush forwards to help him with his load.

  "Hey," I greet.

  "Hi," he mumbles, avoiding my eyes. Huh, that's not like him at all. Usually, Niall is bouncing around with energy and so cheerful. What's got into him?

  "Feeling better?"

   "Hmm? Oh, yeah, a bit."

   I study his face more carefully. He doesn't really look sick, per se. None of the paleness of clammy skin. Besides, if he was that sick, I would have smelt it thanks to my feline senses. There huge, dark bags under his eyes as though he hasn't slept a wink last night.

  "You seem knackered," I comment."

   "I suppose, yeah." He walks back to his Range Rover and I place his homework in the seat next to him.