Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

//Niall's P.O.V.

  "Three. . . two . . . one . . .Happy New Year everybody!" the host exclaimed enthusiastically.

I grab for the back of Josh's neck and pull him in for a kiss.  His hands wrap around my waist and press me into him even more. Our tongues tangle together and soon, there is hardly any space between us. I hear catcalls and whistles around us but I pay them no mind. His hands travel lower and lower until they are cupping my arse. Smirking into the kiss, he gives my behind a firm squeeze, making moan into his hot mouth.

  "Josh is touching Unca Nia's bum," Chloe says through giggles. Whoever thought that it would be a swell idea to let a four-year-old stay up until midnight and feed her sugary drinks is an idiot! All through the night, she has been giggling nonstop. Kind of annoying if you ask me.

  "Niall," Ma says in a warning tone. "Keep it family-appropriate, please."

  I break the kiss, breathing heavily. "I am keeping it appropriate.  We are both clothed."

  My cheeky remark earns me a stern glare and I hide behind Josh. Greg laughs, murmuring something about me being a wuss.

  "Okay, it's past midnight so children until ten, please go to bed," Pa announces.  The kids groan and complain loudly as they sit up and their parents get up as well. We say goodbyes and that leaves my family, Josh's family, and a few relatives who are in college or older.

  "So," Josh says, seating himself in my lap.  He swivels around so his forehead is leaning against mine. "What are you new year's resolutions?"

  "To come up with one," I reply, sticking my tongue out. We both laugh.

  Once our laughter fades away, he asks, seriously, "What have you got planned for this year, though? We'll be heading off to uni and preparing for a life for ourselves away from our parents."

  "We'll figure it out together. As always." I hold his hand and lift it to my lips; planting a gentle kiss on the back, I smile up into his warm brown eyes.

  "Of course."

   ^----- ^

=( o   o )=

  We must have fallen on the sofa with Josh still sat in my lap because next thing I know, I'm woken up by the delicious smell of waffles and the sounds of bacon and sausages sizzling in the pan.

  "Foooood!" I say, jumping up.  Unfortunately, my action causes Josh to fall smack onto the floor. He glares at me angrily, rubbing his arse.

  "You could've warned me, eejit," he mutters darkly.

  "Sorry," I give him my best apologetic and innocent looks. "It's just that it was food and I'm hungry."

  'You're always hungry," he points out, shaking his head. He stands up to stretch; the hem of his shirt rides up and I stare at the strip of bare skin with some sort of hunger in my eyes.

  "Like what you seen?" he teases, lowering his arms back down.

  "Very. Can I kiss your boo-boo and make it better?"

  Without giving him time to answer, I tackle him onto the sofa and push him down face-first. His arse is facing the ceiling and it takes pretty much all my strength not to rip our trousers off and fuck him into the cushions (not that I haven't done that already. If you really study the seat on the left, there's the tiniest bit of stain between the cushion and the armrest). I sit on the backs of his knees, effectively pinning him to his place. A shiver of anticipation runs down his spine, making it even harder for me to follow through with my plan. My hands roam up and down his back, nails digging into the fabric of his t-shirt. Eventually, I let my fingers slip under, tracing the lines of his abs. He lets out a low moan when my fingertip dips into his bellybutton. Smirking, I tickle the skin around the indent before venturing upwards. A stream of pleased sounds leave his lips as I toy with his nipples, twisting and rolling them around between the two of my fingers.