Chapter Six

Chapter Six

//Niall’s P.O.V.

  Too soon for my liking, it’s time for Josh to go back to Mullingar. We cause quite a scene at the airport as we cling to each other and cry and kiss.  I promise to visit him on a weekend in November at least once.  The drive back home alone is really silent I miss him like crazy already.

  The lads come over to cheer me up.  We start a movie marathon by putting in Finding Nemo, my all-time favourite. With seven bags of popcorn made and a couple six-packs of beers on the coffee table, we happily watch the colourful fish swim about in the ocean. When Dori sings ‘just keep swimming,’ I can’t help but sing along, which earns me pointed glared from the others.  I stick my tongue out and keep on doing it for the next ten minutes. By the end of the movie, I have gone through two and a half bags of the popcorn and one of the case is gone. Liam, of course, has barely touched his drink.  So I snatch it from his grasp; he doesn’t even bat an eyelash at that.

  Harry much have had three or four beers.  His usually green eyes are dull and glazed over from the alcohol.

  “Niiiiiiiiaaaaaaaall,” he slurs.  Actually, no, he sounds like he is proper purring to me.  And I can’t help but shiver at that.

  I glance at the other lads, and see that they have passed out cold. Louis is snoring loudly and Liam is snuggled into Zayn’s side.  Zayn’s hair remains untouched as he is leaning against the back of the sofa.

  “Yes Harry?” I query cautiously.

  “I’m boooorrrrrred,” he purrs again, his voice dipping even lower and huskier.

  “Well, then let’s pick another movie.”

  “But I don’t wanna do that.” I see something gleam in his eyes but I miss exactly what.

  He hops down from the sofa gracefully and advances towards me on his hands and knees.  His eyes are softly reflecting the light from the telly, casting an ethereal glow.  His eyes flick down my body and back up as he gets closer and closer to me.  I gulp because within moments; his face is right up in front of mine, his mouth grazing the shell of my ear.

  “I’d much rather watch you. Naked.” He accentuates his words by flicking the tip of his tongue over the sensitive patch of skin.  Against my will, a deep shiver runs down my spine.

  “Like that, hmm?” he asks, hot breath feathering over the side of my neck.

  “H-Harry.  I’ve got a boyfriend, mate.  And you’re plastered.  Let’s get you to bed, yeah?”

  “I don’ wanna sleep yet,” he purrs. I feel the tip of his tongue flick over my ear again.

  “Okay, that’s it. You’re going to bed, whether you like it or not.”

  I push him backwards so that he is lying on the floor on his back.  His knees have parted and he rearranges himself in a sensual position, his green eyes peering up at me with something unreadable in his eyes again.

  I scoop him up into my arms and carry him to the guest room.  A deep sigh escapes my mouth as I realise that I’ll have to do the same for the three others.  Bastards, falling asleep on me.  They are supposed to cheer me up, not make me feel frustrated at their inability to properly enjoy some beers. Harry hooks his arms behind my neck, burying his nose in the crook of my neck.  It bothers me a lot.  When he is sober, I’m gonna give him a stern talk about how I’m very much taken with my Josh and that I’m not interested in him at all.

  Once I get to the guest room—thank god it’s large and has a queen-sized bed—I gently place him on the centre and rest his head of curls in the plush pillows. I turn around to leave but I find myself being yanks back onto the bed.