Chapter Two

Chapter Two

//Harry’s P.O.V.

  Ah fuck.  I curse silently in my head as my body collides with a smaller body. I see a flurry of short dark blond hair faltering as he falls. With my quick feline reflexes, I shoot my arm out to grab him and jerk him up.  As he straightens up, my eyes land on the bluest pair of eyes I’ve ever seen.

  Whoa, his eyes are so blue, I muse. Realizing that we’ve been staring at each other for a solid minute, I break the spell his gaze has cast upon me.

  “Hey,” I say, a bit breathlessly. Uh oh.  My tail is twitching in my trouser leg. That’s never a good sign at situations like this.  My ears are also straining to pop up, and I’ve barely got a grip on keeping them flattened.  Thank goodness that I’ve got untamable curls that hide them easily. “Sorry ‘bout that.  I’m Harry, by the way.”

  “Niall,” he says, offering me his hand. Oh god, his Irish accent is to die for.  Whoa whoa, easy there, I tell myself.  I just met the kid and I’m swooning over his voice already.  I knew that at my age the cat me is starting to look for its mate (for life, insert a shudder here) but this is too soon.  I never believed in love at first sight anyways.  If the person’s look is what your attracted to, doesn’t it imply lust rather than true feelings?

  “Irish, I see,” I comment cheekily.

  “Can’t hide me accent well.  Although, I’ve been told that I’m good at American accents, ha.”

  “Well, Mr Niall, I think we should go get some lunch.  I dunno about you but I’m starving.”

  “Food’s always a brilliant idea to me,” he replies, smiling brightly.  I swear, his ocean blue eyes can light up the town when he smiles. Wow, I sound like a love-struck teenage girl.

  We walk up to the queue at the food area and Niall is chatting up a storm.  He tells me about how his father’s job offer is in Doncaster and that he’s been forced to move from Mullingar, where he has been his whole life.

  “—And worst of all, I had to leave my boyfriend behind,” he huffs, angrily grabbing a buttered croissant from the assortment of pastries.

  I have to fight back the urge to hiss at that revelation. Niall’s mine!  Well, no not yet. And  I wasn’t about let my inner kitten out and behave like an animal—okay I’m part animal but still.

  “Ooh, boyfriend, you say?” I dig my claws into that, trying to cover up my utter disappointment.

  “His name’s Josh and he’s got the cutest brown eyes I’ve ever seen.  And his smile is absolutely mesmerising.  I swear his smile is so sincere and he has never failed to cheer me up. I miss him so terribly already.”

  “Sound like a nice bloke.”

  “Hey Hazza!” Louis yells from the other side of the canteen. I quickly glance at Niall, whose tray is overflowing with all sorts of food and an extra-large drink. “Quite the catch you’ve reeled in there,” he winks, wrapping an arm around Eleanor’s shoulders.  She’s so beautiful and she actually works part-time as a model for Hollister or some fancy name-brands.

  “Shush you. This is Niall; he’s new here,” I introduce the blond before Louis can embarrass me any further. The group say their hellos and we grab a table at the centre.  We’re sort of the popular crowd, I suppose you can say. Zayn’s the artist, Liam’s the athlete, Louis’ the actor, and I’m just the bisexual flirt.  There always are throngs of girls and guys vying for my attention.  Up until now, I’ve never really been interested in people in that way.  A quick date here and there, some, erm, intimacy and that’s it.