50. Movie Date

Nishinoya POV
(Late afternoon)

A Saturday that I had planned out going to the movies with Sota, Tanaka, Tomoyo, Ennoshita, and the rest of the second years that I knew. That's what I thought, but right now I'm standing next to Sakura who's trying to clear up a misunderstanding with her friend, Nanami.

"What do you mean by trick?" I overhear Sakura say on the phone. She intently listens to Nanami and nods her head in understanding. "It's okay Nanami, it's not your fault...Don't worry about it. I'll figure things out...Let's hang out together one day though. Bye," she hangs up and sighs.

"Is everything alright?" I ask her and she nods her head.

"Well, Nanami said that it was Sota's idea to set us up here to go on a date," Sakura informs me and my eyes widen in surprise. "I thought Tomoyo would set up this kind of thing, I'm surprised that Sota thought of this all by himself..." Sakura continues to talk but something replays over and over in my mind.

A date...A date...A date...No way, does this count as a date!? Did Sota give me this opportunity to take Sakura on a date to the movies?! I suddenly slap my cheeks startling Sakura. I'm such a terrible boyfriend! I never went on a date with Sakura. Sota must've known this and made this happen. I never would've thought of Sota as the type of friend to take the time to plan this out for someone like me! I can't be a boyfriend if I never took her out on a date!

"Noya, I'm sorry. You have to train for the Spring High Representative Playoffs don't you? You can go home if you want," Sakura quietly says and I quickly shake my head.

"The beginning games aren't until the coming Friday, and I'm confident of my skills as a libero, so Sakura, can we go on the date that Sota set us up to?" I grin extending my hand out to her.

"It wasn't planned though," Sakura hesitantly mutters and I take her hand.

"It's okay! I think that just being around you is what makes everything fun," I tell her, "Nothing has to be planned!" I happily pull her along to the movie theaters. "Let's watch an action movie!"

(Meanwhile... With the second years)

"Sota, have you seen Noya anywhere? He's not here for practice and Daichi is raging right now!" Tanaka comes over in a panic and Tomoyo peeks her head out of the door of the photography classroom.

"I sent him on a date with Sakura," Sota answers, not bothering to look at them and their mouths gape in shock.

"D-d-date! I never went on a date!" Tanaka stutters in complete surprise.

"Sending them on a date!! Not bad, Sota!" Tomoyo grins, taking full interest.

"I just want them to do something as a couple," Sota tells them, "Noya's going to end up single again if he doesn't do anything."

"Single! Noya and I were single until he left me!" Tanaka cries out.

"Noya's your best friend! Be proud that he actually got himself a girlfriend!" Tomoyo hits him on the head.

"OW!" Tanaka cries out in pain. "It's not my fault! I want Shimizu to love me!! I want someone to love me like that!!"

A vein pops on Sota's head. "Can you get out of the classroom? I already told you, Noya's not here," he repeats and Tomoyo giggles.

"Well, if you're the one to set them up, where to?" Tomoyo asks Sota and he sighs.

"I sent them to the movie theaters," Sota answers and the two of them show him a deadpan expression.

"You idiot," Tanaka and Tomoyo bluntly point out.

Sota's head jerks up. "I don't want to be called an idiot by two idiots," Sota responds with a vein popping on his head.