48. BBQ Time!

Sakura POV

After all the practice matches in the morning were finished, people were either talking to each other or waiting to eat some delicious BBQ meat. In my case, I wasn't that hungry at first, that was until the smell of the barbecue got to me. My stomach grumbles as I stare at the meat sizzling on the grill from a far distance away from the savage boys. "The meat looks tasty..." I mumble while drooling. A paper plate suddenly pokes me from behind. I jolt back and turn around to see Yachi holding a plate out to me.

"It does look good," she tells me with a smile as she hands me a paper plate. "Are you hungry?" she asks me and I purse my lips.

"I am," I answer, "but not as hungry as any of them." I point to all the boys with eyes like predators ready to dig into the food...Definitely not like any of them. I sweatdrop and turn to Yachi. "Did you enjoy the week here?" I ask her, trying to distract myself from the starving boys.

"I did! It was a great experience," she tells me with a huge grin on her face. "How about you, Sakura?" Yachi asks me. "How's your relationship with Nishinoya been?" she innocently questions and I immediately avoid eye contact with her after hearing her words.

Why does this topic always have to pop up every time I'm not ready?! First with Mihane, then Jun, and now Yachi! I understand the first two, but I'm shocked Yachi would ask me...No, she's my friend. She would eventually ask me. My thoughts go back to the time when Nishinoya and I were almost kissed and my cheeks start to burn. He says it was nothing, so it's nothing right?!

"Um, Sakura, are you okay?" Yachi asks, waving her hand to get my attention. I blink a couple times and realize I'm still in the middle of a conversation with Yachi.

"Y-y-yeah I'm fine," I answer, trying to cover my cheeks with the paper plate. "I'm just embarrassed, that's all," I mumble and Yachi giggles.

"Why would you be embarrassed?" she asks me and I pout.

"I mean, I can't be straightforward with my relationship like Nishinoya. I don't have the guts. Whenever someone asks me about my relationship, or even mentions it, I get all shy and nervous like the way I am now," I tell her in a fluster. "I've never had a boyfriend before, so I don't know how to be a girlfriend. We haven't really done anything and I'm worried if that's a bad thing," I honestly tell her and she smiles.

"Isn't that Nishinoya's charm? You fell in love with how straightforward he can be without caring how the people around him think of him," she tells me and my eyes widen hearing my feelings come out to words. Yachi knows me better than myself. "Besides, this is your first relationship right?" she asks me.

I nod my head. "That's right," I tell her.

She happily gives me a thumbs up. "Then just be yourself Sakura. I'm sure Nishinoya likes you just the way you are," Yachi tells me with a comforting smile. Yachi is the best person to be friends with and get advice from.

"Thanks Yachi," I tell her and she shakes her head.

"Not a problem~" she replies back with a satisfied smile.

"Ahem," The coach from Nekoma clears his throat. He checks to see if everyone's paying attention, but they're all looking at the food. "Ahem!" he clears his throat again and everyone wakes from their food trance and they turn to him. "You have all worked hard over this week-long training camp," he announces to us. "Your hunger will make this food taste all the more delicious. Go ahead and mend your muscles to your heart's content!" he crosses his arms with a grin.

"Thanks for the food!!!" the boys shout and start to grab the food like hungry animals.

"Yachi, do you think there's going to be any food left for us?" I ask, staring at Bokuto who's rapidly grabbing the meat along with our team and Nekoma.