52. The First President ~ Kaiji

The picture above represents all the members of the photography club. It's just a visual idea of what they look like, but if you imagined them in a different way then go right on ahead. LOL I'm not very descriptive in how minor characters look so this is a great way to visualize them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sakura POV
(Three days before 1st round Preliminaries)

"Why does the photography club always make me do all the little errands?" I mumble to myself as I head to the photography club classroom. All the club members were talking about surprising Kaiji by waiting for him out front of the school. Natsuki, Tomoe, and Sota didn't want to bother surprising him, but with Touya's nagging, they didn't have much of a choice.

Out of everyone there, Rina knew that I felt uncomfortable so she made me do some random errands. I frown to myself while carrying everyone's backpacks to the photography classroom along with a bag of snacks I had to buy. She could have thought of a better excuse for me rather than being their slave. I sigh as I drag everything on the floor. Oh well, they're waiting to see their old president again. I wouldn't understand how they would feel right now, but I bet they're happy.

I take out the classroom key from my pocket to open the door, but to my surprise, the door was already unlocked. I pause and put the key back into my pocket...Touya probably left the classroom door open. I turn the doorknob and look into the classroom. It's empty. That's weird. I rest myself on the couch with all their backpacks. As I got comfortable, I notice another backpack on the couch I didn't recognize.

Whose backpack is this?

*Clank clank*

I turn to the sudden noise in the room and find a tall, lean, black haired boy coming into the classroom with a box of cameras. I stare at him for a couple of seconds. He looks so familiar, but I can't tell who he is. I know I've seen him before, but I can't figure it out.

He easily notices me and blinks a few times then comes to a sudden realization as he happily comes over to my direction with a grin on his face. "Are you a member of the photography club?" he asks me and I nod my head in response.

"That's right. My name is Sakura Hirai," I tell him and his eyes light up after hearing my name.

"No way! You're Sakura Hirai!" he exclaims. He puts the box he's holding on the ground and holds out a hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I know you probably don't recognize me,I'm not exactly a new member," he states awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. "The name's Kaiji Udai. It's a pleasure to meet you--" Kaiji immediately gets interrupted from the door that slams open with all the photography club members.

"Kaiji what are you doing here?!" Everyone loudly shouts angrily pointing their finger at Kaiji, who awkwardly blinks in surprise seeing the rush of people suddenly appear right before his eyes.

"Oh, you guys, I was wondering where you all were," Kaiji says with a simple smile. "What were you all doing together?" he innocently asks and I notice all of them sweatdrop from the radiant Kaiji that has little flowers pop up around his face as he smiles.

"...N-nothing... " they all answer in sync, not mentioning how they were waiting for him at the front of the school.

(Minutes later)

After everyone settles themselves in the photography club, everyone takes a seat around Kaiji, who sits in the center of attention. I take a glance around the room and I see everyone's face filled with joy seeing their old president back here again. I heard about how Kaiji's a nice person and someone they respect...I wish I got to know him. It's like something's missing, but I guess he's here now so I should get to know him.